PDA

View Full Version : Printed Coupons BAN ???

somechick
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Is anyone else encountering this problem??
Yesterday, my local Walgreens here in Los Angeles declared a temporary, with no end in sight, BAN on any and all printed coupons from the internet. One of the employees commented on a Doritos coupon scam or something.
My local VONS recently set a strict limit on 2 coupons max for any item - this includes different items, same vendor (ie: General Mills cereal).

Is the wonderful world of printing out coups online in danger?

Ryan's Mom
06-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I haven't run into this except, of course, at Walmart...but you know how that is. jammom should know about Walgreens; she works there. I haven't been there in several days. I haven't had any trouble with CVS, Meijer or Kroger. Anyone else?

jammom
06-16-2010, 12:23 AM
We haven't done anything like that,but I am aware of the Doritos scam coups.(posted by our time clock) Coup is for a free bag,but evidently they're all over.(Pretty crappy fake I might add)
I am told that if it scans,take it-that includes expired coups-so that's a bonus here.(& even if it's not for same exact prod-like the Oscar Mayer turkey bacon coup scans when you buy reg bacon)

Minister's Wife
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow! Our Walgreens won't do that. They are very skeptical of coupons, even ones from fliers. Plus if you use one manufacturer coupon for a sale item they won't let you use it for the second one the same transaction. You have to do seperate transactions, which gets old fast!!

I know CVS here started a new policy that won't let you stack coupons anymore. Like you have a BOGO and then a coupon for the one you buy, that won't go. You can only use one of them. And each and every coupon you give them they read every fine print word on there. I have been hassled more at CVS than anywhere about coupons.

Funny thing is everyone complains about WalMart and I have never had trouble with ours. (knock on wood!! LOL!!)

There was a list out somewhere that had a list of "bad" coupons. I'll see if I can find it!

Minister's Wife
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Found it! You may have already seen this, but it is good to re-post I think. There might be some newer people who have never seen it.

http://www.cents-off.com/body_coupon_counterfeiters.cfm

I have a pdf file too, but it is too big to upload and I don't have a way to re-size it. Can i e-mail to someone who can. It is very handy to print out and look at from time to time to be aware of what is bad.

jammom
06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I know we still take 2 coups(or a coup for $ off 2) for BOGO items-this is what I did last nite-Oscar Mayer bacon is BOGO free,I used my (2)$1.50 off turkey bacon coups,+ emp disc-$2.10 for 2 lbs of bacon.
Corp got tired of customers complaining that we wouldn't take coups that were expired or had exp date cut off,& since I guess they have more important things to do,they tell us to take if it scans.
Been seeing ALOT of xeroxed Internet coups-most the time they don't scan & they don't have the watermark on it-these ppl PISS ME OFF cause they're gonna ruin it

Minister's Wife
06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
I know what you mean. They are in it for themselves and are not thinking about the future and how it would even screw it up for themselves. They are thinking of only their immediate wants and desires.

That's the way it is in a lot of things, a few stinky people mess it up for everybody!!!

jammom
06-22-2010, 01:42 AM
But ya know,there are ways to make coupons "BEEP" & say they won't scan-what are they gonna do-argue? (LMAO-be nice to your Wags employees-LMAO)But then they SNATCH the coup back.I always ask if they want it,don't go yankin outta my hand
Sorry-still snickering about typing-Be Nice to Your Wags employees-my boss uses the $1 off 12 Friskies cat food coups to buy 2 all the time(hey it scans,but if you're 1 of my Scammers,no chance)