PDA

View Full Version : Test Forum Upgrade to ver. 4.2.6

SadMan
03-10-2022, 03:58 AM
Looks like all good.

Raeja
03-10-2022, 04:32 AM
Not sure what is going on. I could not get on forum because it said it was doing maintenance. Once I was able to get on, I kept getting kicked off after I make a post.

Raeja
03-10-2022, 04:32 AM
Just had to re sign in after I made this post

SadMan
03-10-2022, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the info. For several hours I have been updating our forum engine to a newer version.

Raeja
03-12-2022, 05:02 AM
Still having issues. I keep getting logged out after I post, so I decided to try for 2 freebies and kept getting logged out after I filled out form and after I posted a reply. Not sure what is going on.

Raeja
03-12-2022, 05:03 AM
Here is where the page takes me to after I do something on the site:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administrator may have required you to register (https://absolute-forum.com/register.php?) before you can view this page.

Then I have to resign in again.

Raeja
03-12-2022, 05:03 AM
I did not get logged out after this post Hmmmm

Raeja
03-12-2022, 05:06 AM
went back to freebies and got kicked out again. i figured I would try a few things out and now, taking a break from this madness.

Raeja
03-12-2022, 05:07 AM
Got kicked out after last post

SadMan
03-12-2022, 05:17 AM
I will check it right now....

SadMan
03-12-2022, 05:38 AM
I set the session time of any user to 1 hour before they automatically log out of the account. I just checked, everything works for me as before....

The solution for you if you keep getting kicked out is to clear the cookies files on your browser.

Examples In Chrome
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More .
3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
6. Click Clear data.

After that, go to your Absolute Forum account and check if you are still log out after couple of minutes.

Raeja
03-13-2022, 10:26 AM
I got kicked out as soon as I read your reply. Will try the chrome thing

Raeja
03-13-2022, 10:34 AM
test test test

SadMan
03-13-2022, 12:14 PM
Another possible reason, when you enter your account login and password, don't forget to check the box 'remember me'.

Raeja
03-15-2022, 02:17 PM
I did 2 posts and got kicked off when I submitted the "What's you weather" before it redirected me. Will try the remember me thing when I get kicked off again

Raeja
03-15-2022, 02:31 PM
I did put the remember me check. When I went to post the first quote here is the message I got after pasting the quote:

<?xml Version="1.0" encoding=windows-1252"?>

You do not have access to this page user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account or waiting for activation

I then clicked OK and typed in the quote and sent it. It went through and the next 2 did as well.

Fingers crossed. I am kinda MIA again because working 7 days a week, plus taking neighbor to and from his job, etc. I am lacking sleep and a walking zombie

Raeja
03-16-2022, 06:26 PM
I got kicked out and my last post in this section did not go through. Said I was not logged in. I am still getting kicked off after a post or two. I tried to delete the thread that says test test test and it would not do anything and then, you guessed it, I got kicked off again. Will try again later. Running out of ideas

Raeja
03-17-2022, 05:14 AM
So far things seem to be back to normal. Fingers crossed.

Raeja
03-19-2022, 03:52 AM
The site just kicks me off at random things. Not sure why, Oh well