PDA

View Full Version : No mail...

xxspiralxx
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
So, I haven't received ANYTHING in the mail for almost 2 weeks now. For a few weeks, I was getting very few freebies, if any at all, and now not even bills or junk mail! Should I be worried, or wait it out a little longer? I've called the post office, but they told me it's normal to not get mail everyday and to be patient...not very helpful, I don't think they even listened to my problem! I've been expecting important things in the mail, it's not just the freebies I miss :tongue:!What do you think?

rebate queen
08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
If there is a day that my mailbox is empty I know that the mailman didn't come.

I don't know what I would do besides calling the post office....

xxspiralxx
08-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I'm going to keep calling and hopefully they'll help me out. If it was only a few days that this happened, I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's been almost 2 whole weeks of nothing. We've had problems with our mail carrier before. He would always wedge our mail between the mailbox and the fence instead of putting it in the box even though it was empty, or he would bring us mail from 3 different addresses, and when we tried to give the mail back to him, he would glance at it and say to keep it or throw it out because it didn't look important! We called about that problem, and then he started bringing mail only 1 day a week, and after a while started bringing other people's mail again. I hope it isn't a situation of him having a personal beef with us because we complained about his service!
Thanks for your input.

rebate queen
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Let's hope it's not personal...we all need happy mailmen...LOL!!

joelmandre
08-19-2010, 08:32 AM
If he's doing everything you've said you need to skip the local post office and file a formal complaint with the lead office. He shouldn't be delivering other people's mail to you, and he is still a Federal Employee. If he is taking your mail or trashing it or anything else that is Mail Fraud. Have a friend mail you a letter and send it out to you. See how long it takes to get to you. If it ends up missing, you got him. Don't put any delivery confirmation or tracking numbers on it, as this will push him to delivering it.

rebate queen
08-19-2010, 08:39 AM
If he's doing everything you've said you need to skip the local post office and file a formal complaint with the lead office. He shouldn't be delivering other people's mail to you, and he is still a Federal Employee. If he is taking your mail or trashing it or anything else that is Mail Fraud. Have a friend mail you a letter and send it out to you. See how long it takes to get to you. If it ends up missing, you got him. Don't put any delivery confirmation or tracking numbers on it, as this will push him to delivering it.

Good advice!!

xxspiralxx
08-19-2010, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. We actually had a different mail carrier come by today, and she brought a bunch of freebies and general mail, plus a check and some books I'd been waiting on for weeks! It's interesting how we'd been getting nothing in the mail for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden we have a new person and a bunch of mail...
I hope she becomes our usual mail carrier. Maybe other people had been complaining about the other guy as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!