PDA

View Full Version : Want to join a coupon train? Post here!

rebate queen
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
A coupon train is an envelope of coupons that is sent from person to person. Each person takes some and puts some back in. If interested, please reply to this thread.

Minister's Wife
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Definitely interested!!

Ryan's Mom
09-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Yep, yep, yep!!

SandySue210
11-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Re: Coupons Exchange Yes, Been trying to get one going for months!!!!! S.

jammom
11-24-2011, 05:20 AM
OK Dawn-how do we get this going ? I'm game...

rebate queen
11-24-2011, 06:25 AM
OK Dawn-how do we get this going ? I'm game...

Please remind me after today and I'll post more about getting it started....thanks!! :)

SandySue210
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Rebate queen, Ryan's mom, jammom, etc., Did anyone start with the coupon exchange?? I only see OLD posts here, I think it's a fantastic idea, I was thinking once every two weeks, after everyone posts what they use a lot, we could promise to mail out coupons that we don't use (and somebody wants) Ex> baby diapers, etc. to people that use them - I'm a big believer in coupons, everything is so expensive and I hate when I don't have a coupon for something that I really need that week. Besides from the Sunday newspaper, I also print coupons, but it seems the same old things keep coming up on coupon.com., and often they said I've printed my limit. Let's get this started somehow. Thanks, Sandy.

rebate queen
04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Rebate queen, Ryan's mom, jammom, etc., Did anyone start with the coupon exchange?? I only see OLD posts here, I think it's a fantastic idea, I was thinking once every two weeks, after everyone posts what they use a lot, we could promise to mail out coupons that we don't use (and somebody wants) Ex> baby diapers, etc. to people that use them - I'm a big believer in coupons, everything is so expensive and I hate when I don't have a coupon for something that I really need that week. Besides from the Sunday newspaper, I also print coupons, but it seems the same old things keep coming up on coupon.com., and often they said I've printed my limit. Let's get this started somehow. Thanks, Sandy.

Sandy, would you like to start it and kind of be in charge of it? I want to do it, but I have so much on my plate right now. We can private message about it. Just let me know!

jammom
04-06-2012, 05:28 PM
That would be awesome...

SandySue210
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Yay!!! I'd be glad to start it! That was just a quick suggestion off the top of my head when I said (once every two weeks, we mail whatever to whomever), so I'm more than willing to take suggestions, etc. I don't mind doing this how ever often we can agree upon. I guess all that's required of everyone is that you send me a self-addressed large stamped envelope with the list of wanted items that I'll keep a master list of... Let me hear from you that are truly interested. I've seen a couple of sites where you can BUY coupons?? Is that even legal?? I think that's awful. With the price of a stamp, we can make everyone happier @ the supermarket or CVS, etc. I don't mind being the only one in charge of doing this, as long and as often you send me your envelopes, I'll stuff 'em! I even have quite a few coupons for a free cup of coffee that a lot of HESS gas stations honor, but I don't go to HESS. I'll enclose them, too, to anybody that wants them. Okay, now, who's got babies and needs diapers, etc>?? SandySue in New York.

rebate queen
04-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Yay!!! I'd be glad to start it! That was just a quick suggestion off the top of my head when I said (once every two weeks, we mail whatever to whomever), so I'm more than willing to take suggestions, etc. I don't mind doing this how ever often we can agree upon. I guess all that's required of everyone is that you send me a self-addressed large stamped envelope with the list of wanted items that I'll keep a master list of... Let me hear from you that are truly interested. I've seen a couple of sites where you can BUY coupons?? Is that even legal?? I think that's awful. With the price of a stamp, we can make everyone happier @ the supermarket or CVS, etc. I don't mind being the only one in charge of doing this, as long and as often you send me your envelopes, I'll stuff 'em! I even have quite a few coupons for a free cup of coffee that a lot of HESS gas stations honor, but I don't go to HESS. I'll enclose them, too, to anybody that wants them. Okay, now, who's got babies and needs diapers, etc>?? SandySue in New York.

Hmmmm....I've never done it that way. Wouldn't it be hard to know how much postage?

Have you ever done it like this? First person puts all the coupons they don't need in an envelope and sends it to the next person. That person takes out what they want and puts in at least as many as they took out or more. They send it to the next person who does the same, etc.

We would send each other our address by pm. Each person tries to send it on within a few days. You would generally need to use a smaller manilla envelope(the regular ones tear up too easily in the mail)

I started about 15 coupon trains on another site and that worked out well.

Let me know what you think....

also, who else wants to join?

SandySue210
04-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Sure, that's fine with me, too. I'd even be willing to do both. I keep seeing your ISO lists! I have those coupons!! One thing I have to learn is.. how to use this forum! I have to learn how to send & receive PM's, etc. I'll start studying today, while we're waiting for people that are truly interested in signing up to contact me. Last night, sent boyfriend to Waldbaum's, spent over budget of course, and don't usually shop there too much, but I'm having a hard time finding supermarkets that carry frozen Indian Food entrees, and I know they do, so sent him there. Usually go to ShopRite (that's his new favorite store). And my animals are eating me out of house and home (3 fussy cats and a dog). So, with your coupon train idea, what then is the point of everyone putting out their ISO lists, if we're just sending out the coupons that we don't need to the next name on our list??? And how do you know that they're not taking LOTS of coupons and not really contributing too much?? Just by trust?? Okay, people, sign in! SandySue.

rebate queen
04-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Sure, that's fine with me, too. I'd even be willing to do both. I keep seeing your ISO lists! I have those coupons!! One thing I have to learn is.. how to use this forum! I have to learn how to send & receive PM's, etc. I'll start studying today, while we're waiting for people that are truly interested in signing up to contact me. Last night, sent boyfriend to Waldbaum's, spent over budget of course, and don't usually shop there too much, but I'm having a hard time finding supermarkets that carry frozen Indian Food entrees, and I know they do, so sent him there. Usually go to ShopRite (that's his new favorite store). And my animals are eating me out of house and home (3 fussy cats and a dog). So, with your coupon train idea, what then is the point of everyone putting out their ISO lists, if we're just sending out the coupons that we don't need to the next name on our list??? And how do you know that they're not taking LOTS of coupons and not really contributing too much?? Just by trust?? Okay, people, sign in! SandySue.

What is an ISO list?

I'll send you a pm with my info now...

Yep, we would just have to work on trust. I don't think there would be any problems with the people that would join---me, jammom, Ryan's Mom, and maybe Minister's Wife.

rebate queen
04-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Anyone that wants to join---please send a pm to SandySue210 with your address so that she can make a master list and determine the best order for us to go in.

Ryan's Mom
04-18-2012, 08:49 AM
What is an ISO list?

I'll send you a pm with my info now...

Yep, we would just have to work on trust. I don't think there would be any problems with the people that would join---me, jammom, Ryan's Mom, and maybe Minister's Wife.

ISO stands for "In Search Of". It's for posting the coupons you need. I think the best way to do the coupon train is yours. Everyone just needs to be really diligent and send the coupon envelope to the next person ASAP. ISO lists might not be a bad thing either. That way, if you spot something on a tear pad or a blinkie that you know someone needs, you can grab a couple and put them in the envelope when you get it. I'd even be willing to print the occasional high value coupon that's online for someone that can really use it like the $5 or so baby formula coupons that show up once in a while. That's when an ISO list would be nice. We'll all have to check the envelope when we get it and remove expired coupons otherwise it gets unmanageable. Maybe you and SandySue210 could put your heads together and make a list of Coupon Train how-tos? That way if anyone needs some guidance they can check it before PMing you. What do you all think?

SandySue210
05-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Where are my messages??? And who should I send my info to?? Is it just name and address and coupons we use?? Not our e-mails?? SandySue.

rebate queen
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Where are my messages??? And who should I send my info to?? Is it just name and address and coupons we use?? Not our e-mails?? SandySue.

Up at the top of the page there is a place that says notifications--just click on it.

I've had some major changes in my life in the last couple of days and don't think I will be able to participate. I may even have to step down as a moderator :(. See if you got any other responses besides mine and we'll go from there....

SandySue210
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Okay Dawn, I got your PM. So far, no one else has sent me theirs. Are you still gonna be in it, Dawn?? Somebody, send me your ISO list with your name and address, so we can finally get this going!! Also, once this takes off, let's say there are 7 coupons for the same item, and you use that product - please don't take all 7, maybe 5, and if no one else uses that product, it'll come back around to you (in more ways than one!!). SandySue.

rebate queen
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Okay Dawn, I got your PM. So far, no one else has sent me theirs. Are you still gonna be in it, Dawn?? Somebody, send me your ISO list with your name and address, so we can finally get this going!! Also, once this takes off, let's say there are 7 coupons for the same item, and you use that product - please don't take all 7, maybe 5, and if no one else uses that product, it'll come back around to you (in more ways than one!!). SandySue.

I'm not sure...hate to sound wishwashy but I've had a lot of major changes in my life recently and I just don't know...Let's see if anyone else is gonna do this first....

LAST CALL--please reply if you want to participate in the coupon train!!!

queenbts
05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd Like to try this. I've never done it before...so let me know what I need to do. Thanks

rebate queen
05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I'd Like to try this. I've never done it before...so let me know what I need to do. Thanks

Start by sending your name and address to SandySue210 by private message. I'll get together some instructions and ground rules when we see if we have enough interest.

Thanks for posting!

SandySue210
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I have rebate queens name & add., and I have Ryan's Moms. Ryans Mom, I'll start by sending you some coupons, Dolores. Just give me your ISO list (coupons that you use and would like to receive), and I'll get some out to you as soon as I receive it. Rebate queen, please let me know if you want to receive, I have your address, but I also need your ISO list. Thirdly, queenbts, all you have to do is send me your name and address, and your ISO (that simply means "in search of"). Any others interested in this, simply send me the same info. You are not obligated to do this forever, and all it takes from you is a stamp! Let's get this coupon party started!! SandySue from New York. Have a good weekend!

Ryan's Mom
06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Are we going to do this the usual way where you send to me, I take some and add at least as many, then I send them to Dawn who does the same and then sends them to the next person and eventually getting them around to you again? Then if too many people want to participate, we start a second train?

I was also thinking that we could post an ISO list right here and if our needs change, just edit that one post to reflect our current needs. What do you think?

SandySue210
06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Dolores, Right now, I'm not too worried about having to start a second train - we're having enough trouble getting this choo-choo started!!! I really don't care how we do it yet, I haven't heard from the other two potentials yet - so whether you want to send me your list or post it here, doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna give you my name & address by private memo when I'm done writing this. I honestly don't get it why people aren't responding, anyway, if you've heard from Dawn privately and she's willing to be in it, then, of course, send it to her - otherwise, we'll just start ourselves for the time being. I also thought that when you make your ISO list, you can be specific, for example - if you eat frozen waffles, but only like "EGGO", specify that. If you eat any brand, say ANY BRAND. That way, if we have coupons for "Aunt Jemima", we can send THEM to someone that doesn't care what brand they are. Also, once this takes off, as I said before, if you've saved up 5 coupons that you're sending out of the same thing, just take a few, so the next person can have a couple. I'll write a "MASTER LIST" of rules and hints also eventually. I don't mind using my printer to get you additional coupons, either. Sometimes, as you know, if you have a printer and use "COUPONS.COM", you're only allowed to get 2, I think, and after that, they'll say that you've reached your limit, unless somebody knows of a way to get more - please share!! SandySue.

rebate queen
06-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Sorry SandySue210, I was out of town and just saw your post from 6/1 and 6/6.

I'll try to participate and see how it goes. Dolores, you can send it to me.

I don't have much of an ISO list, as there aren't many things that I always buy.

Silk Soymilk
any cereals
any yogurt
any protein bars
any produce
Friskies canned cat food
any dry cat food
Hellman's mayo
any bacon
any flavored liquid coffee creamer
Smart Ones frozen meals

I'll add to this if I think of anything else...

Ryan's Mom
06-07-2012, 10:02 PM
My ISO isn't that big either. We're retired and there's only the two of us and a cat.

Kellogg's Special K (Or any non specific Kellogg's coupon)
Greek Yogurt (Tried it and fell in love!)
Friskies canned cat food
Purina One Beyond dry cat food
Cottonelle Toilet paper and wipes

That's all I can think of off hand. Some of my purchases are made according to if it's on sale and I have a good coupon. For instance, If I need pancake mix and Krusteaz is on sale for a fantastic price and I have a coupon, that's what I'll get. But it could just as easily be Aunt Jemima, Hungry Jack or store brand.

I have already been cutting out and saving all of the coupons from the Sunday inserts and other places that I won't use. It's probably time for me to go through and clean out the expired ones. I had another thought too. We could have coupons from others' ISOs mailed as well as printing them and when they come add them to the train.

SandySue210
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
I THINK I just sent you both a private message - I don't see it here - so, I guess that's the good news! San.

rebate queen
06-08-2012, 06:58 AM
My ISO isn't that big either. We're retired and there's only the two of us and a cat.

Kellogg's Special K (Or any non specific Kellogg's coupon)
Greek Yogurt (Tried it and fell in love!)
Friskies canned cat food
Purina One Beyond dry cat food
Cottonelle Toilet paper and wipes

That's all I can think of off hand. Some of my purchases are made according to if it's on sale and I have a good coupon. For instance, If I need pancake mix and Krusteaz is on sale for a fantastic price and I have a coupon, that's what I'll get. But it could just as easily be Aunt Jemima, Hungry Jack or store brand.
I have already been cutting out and saving all of the coupons from the Sunday inserts and other places that I won't use. It's probably time for me to go through and clean out the expired ones. I had another thought too. We could have coupons from others' ISOs mailed as well as printing them and when they come add them to the train.

This is how I make most of my purchases. That's why it's kinda hard to do a coupon train for me. I don't really know which ones I'm gonna need. It's hard to figure out which ones to give away when you don't know....

SandySue210
06-14-2012, 02:12 AM
All right, everyone. Just sent Dawn and Dolores my private messages with my info. Anyone else, just send me your info! I also thought that you should put down the stores that you frequent - supermarkets, clubs, drugstores, etc. I go to ShopRite, sometimes Stop 'n'Shop, sometimes Waldbaums. Always in CVS!! The reason I'm mentioning this, occasionally I'll see coupons that are valid at Publix, Kroger, - never hear of them. I also don't belong to Costco, BJ's, or any of those big club stores. Also, go to Walmart a lot, but mine doesn't have TOO much food, mostly other items - personal things, cat and dog food. All right, that's it for now - once again I'm going to bed at 5:00 A.M.!! Goodnight. Sandy.

Ryan's Mom
06-14-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm out in the boonies. The only stores here are Kroger and a Walmart Super Center and, of course, a CVS. :sigh: To shop anywhere else I have to go into Marion, starting at 16 miles to get to anything, or Mansfield, starting at 22 miles away. I LOVE Meijer, I used to shop there for groceries almost exclusively before I moved out here. Even for a milk or bread run!

rebate queen
06-14-2012, 08:00 AM
The only grocery stores I have are Walmart, Food Lion, and the military commissary. It's sad!!

Drug stores-Walgreen's, CVS, Rite-Aid

SandySue210
06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi Dolores, Hope you just got my PM. One of the reasons I said we should put in our favorite stores is, for example, I 've seen coupons and sweepstakes (another one of my passions), for Kroger - sometimes they have a sweep for a gift card to that store, and I've heard of Meijer, too, but you DON'T go there any more??? You people that are reading this, I've spoken to other members of this group that have been saving coupons for baby diapers, baby food, etc., that we'll never need, so just send me your info privately, and we'll gladly help you out! And Dawn, I used to go to a local Rite-Aid that's not there anymore, and I DO see coupons that say ONLY for use @ Rite-Aid., etc. So, I'll look for them, also. Well, I am NOT going to stay up all night tonight - have things to do tomorrow, like clean (Yeah, right!.) SandySue.

Ryan's Mom
06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Now-a-days I only get to Meijer once or twice a month, maybe more if I have to go to Kohl's or any of the department stores. We only have a Pebbles here and they just don't cater to my tastes.

JackieQuintero
09-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Has this coupon train started? Can I still join? If yes, how?