PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Say Goodbye :(

rebate queen
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Things just aren't the same as they were when I agreed to moderate here. I've been patiently waiting for things to get back to "normal", but it's just not happening. While I have been "waiting" my business and family has suffered...

My last day will be Friday. I have to get away completely because I've tried to cut back and I just can't do it. I spend anywhere from 3-5 hours on here every day... I want to post everything I find. I guess I'm just an all or nothin' kind of girl....a moderator that doesn't know how to be here in moderation...LOL

Anyway...I will miss you all very much!

swede
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. Thank you for all your hard work. You will be missed very much!

Ryan's Mom
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
We'll miss you Dawn and appreciate all your hard work. I understand what you're going through, I've been in the same place. Fortunately, I've been able to cut back so I won't be leaving. This can become all consuming and, if you let it, it's almost like an addiction! Please drop by on occasion, as a regular member, not a moderator, lol!

Ladysteeler
09-21-2010, 04:21 AM
You will truly be me missed.

jammom
09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
You know how I feel,but things won't be the same w/out you
Deb

SadMan
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for everything you have done for our forum. Always will be glad to see you!

bbbeb
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Continuing to pray for your health and your business to take off and soar! Love from both of us.

jammom
09-23-2010, 12:29 PM
OK all-I want replies from everyone here-
Hell No we don't want Dawn to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know my little absence caused a lot more work for both Dawn & Dolores (& they of course stepped up to the plate),but this forum wouldn't be the same w/out her (& of course Dolores) & we CAN'T let her go w/out a fight.
Still chaos in my life,but it's settling down more & manageable,so I've been on more like usual.I know we all go thru burn-out & need to take some time,but not permanently !
So how bout it-
Dawn,please stay-
Love,
Deb

NinjaMomma
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm with Deb, this place just wouldn't be the same without Dawn!

Ladysteeler
09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I second that emotion.

rebate queen
09-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks everyone for all your kind words!!

Deb and I talked last night and it looks like I may be stayin'!

Ladysteeler
09-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Awesome!!!

rebate queen
09-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Awesome!!!

thanks for your support! :)

jammom
09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone for all your kind words!!

Deb and I talked last night and it looks like I may be stayin'!

I begged & pleaded-LOL !
No,for real-bein a Mod is HARD & demanding work & sometimes can be consuming.
Dawn has worked really hard & sometimes we all need to step back a bit.
Thanx for all you do & continue to do-
Love,
Me

swede
09-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I hope you are staying.

rebate queen
09-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I hope you are staying.

Thanks, I hope so too! :)

aburgstede
09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Whew, I just read this and I was sad because I thought I didn't get to say goodbye and thanks for everything you've done; so I'm happy you're staying too.

I know too how overwhelming things can get and we do need to step back and take a break for a while or get help from others. It's nice to know others understand what we're going through and sometimes all it takes is talking to other people.

I needed a 'leave of absence' when my grandfather was ill and dying and unfortunatley the group I was with (not a group like this), didn't understand that and said I had to be available in the full capacity a member was required to be (even though I had been a member for years and they knew me and knew the situation, so I ended up having to resign. Well, grandpa passed about a month later. Now here I am. Guess they don't have family members.

I hope everything works out and you're around for a long time!!! :)

we3kings
09-27-2010, 08:35 PM
I just read this and was sad to see that you were going to leave. I know how hard it is to be a moderator when others have been absent and you feel like you need to carry the ball and still juggle your own life no matter how hecktic it is. I have always appreciated all that you do, and the other mods too! It is a thankless job and you can feel very underappreciated at times. I hope you continue to stay, I'd miss you.

rebate queen
09-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Whew, I just read this and I was sad because I thought I didn't get to say goodbye and thanks for everything you've done; so I'm happy you're staying too.

I know too how overwhelming things can get and we do need to step back and take a break for a while or get help from others. It's nice to know others understand what we're going through and sometimes all it takes is talking to other people.

I needed a 'leave of absence' when my grandfather was ill and dying and unfortunatley the group I was with (not a group like this), didn't understand that and said I had to be available in the full capacity a member was required to be (even though I had been a member for years and they knew me and knew the situation, so I ended up having to resign. Well, grandpa passed about a month later. Now here I am. Guess they don't have family members.

I hope everything works out and you're around for a long time!!! :)

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry for what you went through. Those people sound really heartless. You all are a great group of people here and I'm glad that things worked out so that I could stay!

I just read this and was sad to see that you were going to leave. I know how hard it is to be a moderator when others have been absent and you feel like you need to carry the ball and still juggle your own life no matter how hecktic it is. I have always appreciated all that you do, and the other mods too! It is a thankless job and you can feel very underappreciated at times. I hope you continue to stay, I'd miss you.

Thanks for your understanding and kind words. I love this forum and would miss you all a bunch if I left. I was under a lot of pressure, but things are better now. Hugs!

Ryan's Mom
09-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Bless you, bless you, bless you! I don't know what we'd do without you. I'm always heading out to the hinterlands and that would leave only Deb when I'm gone. In fact, I should be putting my clothes in the car right now but, as you can see, I'm an Absolute addict!

rebate queen
09-28-2010, 04:33 AM
LOL!! ..... Thanks Dolores! Big hugs to you! Have a safe trip!

Minister's Wife
09-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Well I am completely out of the loop here. I tend to forget about this part of the forum.

So are you staying??? I sure hope so. I agree with everyone else, it just would not be the same on here with you gone!! There are certain names I always look for and appreciate seeing, the three "D's" being at the top of the list. You guys are awesome and I know you do a lot. Not being a mod I am on here a lot so I appreciate all the time and effort you put in, all three of you!

Anyway, sorry I missed this until now. I really need to pay more attention to this part of our forum.

rebate queen
09-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Well I am completely out of the loop here. I tend to forget about this part of the forum.

So are you staying??? I sure hope so. I agree with everyone else, it just would not be the same on here with you gone!! There are certain names I always look for and appreciate seeing, the three "D's" being at the top of the list. You guys are awesome and I know you do a lot. Not being a mod I am on here a lot so I appreciate all the time and effort you put in, all three of you!

Anyway, sorry I missed this until now. I really need to pay more attention to this part of our forum.

Yep, it seems as if things are working out so that I can stay. Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate what you do here too! :)

joelmandre
09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Ahem....well...I am blind.

So....

1. NO DON'T GO! We'll miss you!

2. Oh thank God Deb stepped in!!!

3. YAY!!! You are going to stay.

4. All is well. Thanks for all you do! You are certainly, the Rebate Queen.

rebate queen
09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Ahem....well...I am blind.

So....

1. NO DON'T GO! We'll miss you!

2. Oh thank God Deb stepped in!!!

3. YAY!!! You are going to stay.

4. All is well. Thanks for all you do! You are certainly, the Rebate Queen.

LMAO!!! Thanks Joel!! :)

Minister's Wife
09-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Boy it's a good thing we all can get some free tissue samples. With all this sappiness we need them!! LOL!!

But I am glad you are staying. VERY!!

rebate queen
10-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Boy it's a good thing we all can get some free tissue samples. With all this sappiness we need them!! LOL!!

But I am glad you are staying. VERY!!

Me sappy??? Never!! LOL!!!! :)