PDA

View Full Version : A Good Thing Happened At The Grocery Store!

Minister's Wife
02-25-2011, 02:54 AM
After sharing my weird event at the grocery store the other day I thought it would be good to share a good event at the grocery store. Heaven only knows we need more of them!!

But here is the deal Everything in the picture cost me $51.03 with tax. But........you knew the was a but right?......It only cost me $3.67!!!!! Now that way makes up for the stinky event at the store!!!

Just wanted to share with others who would appreciate it.

Pictured:
20 SOBE drinks
2 EAS energy bars
3 Excedrin Extra Stength
1 Quaker Quakes snack
5 Tide Single wash packets
2 Aquafres Toothpaste
4 Degree Deodorant
3 Secret Deodorant
2 KY
2 Cloxox To Go Wipes
2 Pull-Ups Wipes
4 Huggies Wipes
4 Halls Cough Drops
1 Sun Drop Soda

jammom
02-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Nice nice !!!
I had a couple good days at the grocery store-Wed at Smith's (Kroger) I was at $92 till my coups-down to $48+ I got (2) $3 off my next purchase
Then yesterday I made a killing at Fresh Market(saved $35)-I got a roast for $.08 !!! Def a mistake on the butchers part,but it must've been waiting there for me !

Ryan's Mom
02-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Good job ladies! Haven't made any real killings lately, but should be back in gear soon!

Minister's Wife
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Whoa Deb!! I wish my butcher made a mistake like that.

Dolores I wish those big days came more often. Although I have to admit I am having a few more than I used to. I'm working really hard to keep our budget down to the smallest amount I can each week, around $50, so watching the specials and matching coupons with them is taking me a lot of time. Worth it, but sure hard some times!! A couple of the Mommy Blogs I read the girls do it almost every week. Sheesh!! I can't imaging doing that. I just don't have the time to spend on it like I would like, that and I am sick a lot. Having a bad immune system and getting migraines a lot can really put a damper on any kind of planning. Not complaining, just the way life is some times.

Am wondering though, do any of you save up a lot of your FREE coupons to use all at once? I've done that once or twice and it was fun. Most of the time I just spread them out to and get the things when we need them. Those are the times I try to get them when there isn't a sale on the item. I want as much free as I can get. LOL!!

jammom
02-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Yep-it was 4 &1/2 lbs-looks great too !
I'll tell ya-I def don't do as much small shopping-I am more focused on going to 1 place (usually Fresh Market) & taking advantage of their weekly ads & coupons I have or can find.I'm lucky-we have 3 stores within a couple blocks,so if I want to store hop,I can easily.( i also have a 21 cub ft freezer)I've always been good w/ shopping-I almost have to having had 3 boys & a hubby to feed.(Geesh-just having the 2 left,food doesn't stand a chance !) As far as the free coups go,it kinda depends on what it is,how many,sales,if it's a PT,whatever,but it's not like I use 6 or more of 1 item-altho I did use 6 free coups at my Walgreens for Halls.In the 6 mos we've been here,I have gotten friendly w/ the cashiers & they don't seem to mind-in fact I think they enjoy watching me save all I do-& I will tell ppl behind me that they might want to get in another line if I know I'm gonna take up some time.
Ya know,I don't know how some of those ppl find the time to really do coups like you're talking about.I'm very happy with the effort I put in & the savings I get,couldn't imagine how much more fatigued I would feel adding that to the mix.Plus,as you said,depends on how the body's feelin. (My hubby gets migraines,so I feel for ya there-mine is usually hyper-sensitive nerves & muscle cramps) I don't try to complain much either-just keep on keepin on.

Ladysteeler
02-26-2011, 08:12 AM
After sharing my weird event at the grocery store the other day I thought it would be good to share a good event at the grocery store. Heaven only knows we need more of them!!

But here is the deal Everything in the picture cost me $51.03 with tax. But........you knew the was a but right?......It only cost me $3.67!!!!! Now that way makes up for the stinky event at the store!!!

Just wanted to share with others who would appreciate it.

Pictured:
20 SOBE drinks
2 EAS energy bars
3 Excedrin Extra Stength
1 Quaker Quakes snack
5 Tide Single wash packets
2 Aquafres Toothpaste
4 Degree Deodorant
3 Secret Deodorant
2 KY
2 Cloxox To Go Wipes
2 Pull-Ups Wipes
4 Huggies Wipes
4 Halls Cough Drops
1 Sun Drop Soda

I showed this picture to DH and we was shocked. He said I got to get on the ball.