PDA

View Full Version : TLC looking into allegations of coupon fraud on Extreme Couponing

jammom
04-15-2011, 07:50 AM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/14/tlc-coupon-fraud-extreme-couponing/

I didn't watch it(had no desire to) but have read & heard enough about it to know that those ppl should be shot-LOL

Ryan's Mom
04-15-2011, 02:14 PM
They should be on that extreme hoarding show! I saw one show and the lady had way too much stuff to ever use all of the perishables within the use by dates. There was also a guy who bought like a truck load of cereal, BUT, he was giving it to his local food pantry. It's okay if you make a killing for charity but, otherwise, it's a sickness!

we3kings
04-16-2011, 08:53 AM
I just had a chance to watch the episode with J??™aime Kirlew in it. I can tell you she annoyed me to no end. They just kept showing her piling on the make up and stuff. :banghead: She is facing allegations of coupon fraud for teaching a class where she was telling her students how to use a coupon with a bar code for one item and how it would work on another item. I believe that is where the fraud part comes in. :wanted: I have read her Facebook page and it is just filled with haters. She is not able to delete the comments fast enough. The other people in the show I had no problem with. They seemed to be playing by the rules fairly enough.

Ryan's Mom
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
You've got to read this. Yes, the show is staged AND there is coupon fraud, including counterfeit coupons. BTW, it looks as though TLC either did not look into the allegations or were aware of the truthfulness of them and chose to just let it slide or, perhaps, were even complicit in the fraud.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/business/2012/feb/15/2/mebizo1-tlc-show-on-couponing-too-good-to-be-true-ar-358900/

http://www.jillcataldo.com/extremecouponingcounterfeitcoupons

jammom
02-17-2012, 01:39 AM
http://couponinformationcenter.com/extremecoupon.php?st=5fe98

Ryan's Mom
02-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Saw that. Need to let TLC know what we think of their underhanded tactics. They've made couponing more difficult for those of us who are honest!

Ryan's Mom
02-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Sent the following to Discovery Communications, TLC's parent company:

Information needed General Question or Comment
Program/Show Extreme Couponing
Last Watched unknown
Program Time Primetime(6:00 pm - 2:00 am)
Comments: I just wanted to let you know that a LOT of people are very upset about the revelation that your Extreme Couponing is staged and the subjects were using fraudulent/counterfeit coupons. Even worse, to those of us on the outside, it looks as though you knew of this and perhaps even complicit! You have made shopping much more difficult for those of us who are honest. The negative buzz about your show/network is rapidly increasing.

You can contact them online at: http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

Or, perhaps, by phone at the number listed here: http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/ethics-hotline/

Katlers
02-18-2012, 12:30 AM
These people really annoy me. Most of them have so much stuff they will never end up using it. Just about every episode they buy vitamin water, bbq sauce, or candy. They are making it much harder for other people. Most stores are setting limits on coupons and other restrictions now.

jammom
02-18-2012, 12:51 AM
I see it sooo bad at my store-I mean it's really ridiculous.It's always the same prods too.The multiple transactions kill me too.What's really bad here is that the newspaper distributor here lets ppl buy stacks of coupon inserts on Sun after they're done delivering for only a couple dollars.They come in the store w/ their big binders of coupons.WTF-buying 20 toothpastes every wk ?!? I mean,I have 2 boys & a hubby,but I don't have 50 bodywashes & I don't think we go thru 37 things of mustard in a yr.In a roundabout way,they're helping raise prices.I just had an issue at the local Harmon's here the other AM.I had a coup for a free 12 pk Propel Zero & they refused to take it.(It was from a sweeps-had the foil strip all the way across,wasn't paper,ya know,total legit)They told me coups like that are thicker feeling.Went home & called back & when the store mgr was in (I dealt w/ an asst mgr) & she ended up taking it.Yea,I was pissed(esp cause they're the only ones that had the 12 pks here),but I can't totally blame the store-altho I do my share of shopping there.

Katlers
02-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I have been having the same problems with my win coupons. I tried redeeming some Kroger wins that were added to my Kroger card the other day. The cashier looks at me like I'm crazy because the items are supposed to be free. When I try explaining what the coupons are, she has no clue what I'm talking about. This happens all the time. I had a few Kroger BzzAgent Campaigns as well. I was never able to redeem the coupons on my card. Another issue I have been running into is, the "free" coupon. These are usually wins for a "free" item from the distributor. Most of the time the coupon for an item doesn't cover the entire cost of the item you are supposed to get free. Stores are jacking up prices now, and it's really making me mad.

Ryan's Mom
02-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Most of the time the coupon for an item doesn't cover the entire cost of the item you are supposed to get free. Stores are jacking up prices now, and it's really making me mad.

I've noticed that too. Kroger is probably the worst in my area.

jammom
02-19-2012, 01:35 AM
The sale prices at Walgreens went up too-olives always used to go on sale for $.99,now it's $1.19,etc...

Yea-I had to pay a little for a free prod not too long ago (forget what)

Ryan's Mom
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Got a reply from TLC. Lots of words, saying absolutely NOTHING! Not even my name :(

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting TLC. We appreciate your correspondence and for
taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us about Extreme
Couponing.

In an effort to ensure the highest quality programming, comments such as
these are taken very seriously. Each and every comment is forwarded on to
our programming executives for review and consideration. Maintaining the
integrity of all of our networks is our primary goal. It is these types of
comments that contribute to creating change and improving our programming.

Again, thank you for contacting TLC.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
TLC