PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for RyansMom's son

jammom
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Please everyone say an extra prayer daily for Dolores' son-as far as I know,he's still in ICU-some improvements,but I'm sure it's rough on her & the fam.
I know I am...

rebate queen
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I've been thinking of her everyday and will say prayers!!

we3kings
04-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Oh, for sure prayers being said. I didn't know anything had happened. I hope things improve for him soon. Please keep us updated.

jammom
04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Update from her FB pg
Still spending a good deal of time at the hospital. Bill had his third surgery to remove dead muscle from his forearm yesterday. Hoping that's the end of it. He's still very heavily medicated and on the ventilator. Kidneys are still not functioning, but the nephrologist said they could come back in a few weeks or it could take 4,5, 6 months. So there is plenty of time for them to kick back in.

Thank you to all who have prayed and are praying for his recovery. It's working. He's getting a little bit better every day and they may take him off the respirator an the next few days.

Ryan's Mom
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks to everyone who is praying for Bill. He is slowly improving but is still in ICU in critical condition but is stable.

rebate queen
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks to everyone who is praying for Bill. He is slowly improving but is still in ICU in critical condition but is stable.

Thanks for the update Dolores-still praying here. I'm glad that you're able to be with him during this time...

Ladysteeler
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I am so sorry about your son. You and your family will be in my prayers.

milodv2000
04-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I will contact my friends from Church, and have a prayer chain started. May god bless you and your family.

Ryan's Mom
05-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for Bill, it's working! They took him off the ventilator on Friday. He wasn't lucid until yesterday because of the drugs they had been giving him to keep him sedated while on the respirator. He's still on dialysis, but the nephrologist is very hopeful that he'll regain kidney function. His left forearm has had five surgeries and his hand has minimal function, but they plan at least one, maybe two, more surgeries in the future to give him a little more function. The pneumonia is getting much better. He is still in ICU, but may go to the step down unit today. When he gets to a regular hospital room we will probably go home for a little while. Our youngest daughter has been a great host, but I want to sleep in my own bed! LOL!

rebate queen
05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
So glad that he keeps improving!

milodv2000
05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I am so glad to hear that he is improving. I will keep the prayer chain going. Take care, and know that alot of people are pulling for your family.

we3kings
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad to hear that he is improving. I hope that you can sleep in your own bed soon also. {hugs}

Ryan's Mom
05-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Bill has been moved out of the ICU! He's in surgical unit. Still undergoing dialysis but the doctor thinks his kidneys may start working again eventually. They're going to send him for inpatient PT/OT but we don't know when yet. The surgeon says he doesn't think his forearm and hand will ever be functional. He recommends amputation and a prosthesis. Bill doesn't have to make a decision any time soon. He can take years if he wants. We'll just have to wait and see.

rebate queen
05-04-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear about his arm and hand, but am praying that the other issues continue to improve.

Ryan's Mom
05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Bill got out of the hospital late Friday afternoon and relapsed and was back in about 18 hours later. He was very weak and disoriented. He seemed to be suffering from aphasia. He seemed to know what he wanted to say, but couldn't get the right words to come out. Most of what he said was gibberish. He is back on the respirator after becoming cyanotic after he got to Licking Memorial Hospital. He was then transferred to Grant which I consider the best hospital in the area. Today they brought him up from sedation for a while and he wrote the answers to the nurse's questions. He knew everything but where he was, he thought he was at Licking Memorial, but that was understandable, they transported him after he had been intubated and sedated. When they told him where he was he wrote that that was good, they saved his mother's life. (I had brain surgery there in 2004 because of a subdural hematoma, a brain bleed, while on coumadin and they did a miraculous job.) If all goes well, he'll get off the respirator some time tomorrow. I think he got out of the hospital too early. He was complaining and begging to be discharged. This time he'd better stay until they literally throw him out!

rebate queen
05-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Still thinking of you and praying!

jammom
05-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I posted to you on FB-sorry he got readmitted !
Keepin you guys in my prayers daily...

we3kings
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry he was re-admitted. I hope that they can help him, and that someone makes sure he is not released too soon this time. Prayers said for him and your family.

Ryan's Mom
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Bill was released from the hospital yesterday evening. We have the majority of his belongings moved to my daughter, Valerie's, house where he will be recuperating. He is still on dialysis and has no use of his left wrist and hand, but he is eating well and his kidneys should recover in time. He has lost a good deal of weight. I told him I don't think that's the best way to diet! Thank you to everyone who is including him in their prayers. You have helped him pull through!

We will still be staying here for another few days to make sure everything stays going well, then return home. Still longing for my own bed! LOL!

Ryan's Mom
05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm home! Bill is gaining strength. Looks like no more relapses. He has a long road ahead of him. Losing the use of his forearm and hand has been, understandably, really hard on him, but at least the doctor is very optimistic, they never say 100% sure, that his kidneys will recover so it should just be a matter of time. Again, thanks to everyone who included him in their prayers. He's sure that all of the prayers that included him helped him pull through.

jammom
05-17-2011, 06:07 PM
YAY-you're back & with good news ! Yeah,he has a path in front of him,but he can't help but do well w/ all you behind him ! (That's when stubbornness is a good thing) Hope things keep lookin up & that he truly starts feelin & doin better !

rebate queen
05-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Welcome home!! :)

Ryan's Mom
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Update on my son.

Bill got some terrific news today. Normal creatine level, for men, is 0.6 - 1.2. While in the hospital, Bill's topped out at just over 82,000. It was a miracle that he made it! When they tested him this time, it was all the way down to 1.5! He has been on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday dialysis schedule. He had dialysis today, but he won't have to go in again until next Friday and then they'll test his level again. If it hasn't gone up they'll wait another week, test him again, and if he's still good they'll take out the port! He is ecstatic!

His forearm and hand are never going to function, but he's learning to manage and at least he's alive. His biggest complaint is that he can't tie his shoes. In the future, he may have an amputation below the elbow which still works and get a prosthesis, but there's no rush in making a decision.

Ladysteeler
06-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update. I will keep him in my prayers.

rebate queen
06-04-2011, 07:28 AM
That is great news! I certainly wish it was possible for him to make a full recovery though!! Thanks for keeping us posted!