PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Couponer Arrested For Stealing Coupon Inserts

Ryan's Mom
07-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Excerpt from article:

The woman was charged with fraudulent destruction or removal or concealment of writing, a Class A misdemeanor that can get up to a $4,000 fine and up to one year in jail.

The woman told reporters that she plans to pay for the fine with the money she saves from clipping coupons. The stolen coupons no doubt!

http://consumerist.com/2011/07/extreme-couponer-arrested-for-stealing-coupon-inserts.html

jammom
07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
What a snot

juniehyatt
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Wow, thats something else.Im desperate to save money right now but this is just nuts.

rebeccamarietta
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I would be really mad if I paid for a paper and found someone had taken the coupons!

Ryan's Mom
07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
That's why I always check my paper before buying it. The problem is that she was stealing them from a paper box and you can't check them until you've already put your money in! I usually have mine delivered, but recently moved and haven't set up delivery yet.

jammom
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
That's why I always check my paper before buying it. The problem is that she was stealing them from a paper box and you can't check them until you've already put your money in! I usually have mine delivered, but recently moved and haven't set up delivery yet.

In ILL,my Sun paper only was there 1/2 the time,so I cancelled-plus,I always worked Sat nite & would just get the Sat one b4 I went home

aprilbee
07-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Amazing what lengths some people will go to.

shsc82
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow, that's just scummy, I always have to check the sunday paper before buying though because I've paid 1.50 and than not had any coupons and it's such a bummer. Hasn't she heard of asking friends and family to give you unwanted inserts? I can never seem to make couponing work though and always end up spending more, so I've pretty much given up on that unless there is an awesome CVS match up with that weeks coupons. I love freebie coupons sent from companies though, because of fraud though some stores are reluctant to accept them though, walmart just refused to take my voucher I had won from the RIF sweeps!

jammom
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, that's just scummy, I always have to check the sunday paper before buying though because I've paid 1.50 and than not had any coupons and it's such a bummer. Hasn't she heard of asking friends and family to give you unwanted inserts? I can never seem to make couponing work though and always end up spending more, so I've pretty much given up on that unless there is an awesome CVS match up with that weeks coupons. I love freebie coupons sent from companies though, because of fraud though some stores are reluctant to accept them though, walmart just refused to take my voucher I had won from the RIF sweeps!

I was wonder if I might have trouble with the vouchers-haven't tried yet...
Here,ppl go to the newspaper depot in the early afternoon on Sun & pay hardly anything for the left over papers-I've heard 25/$1 (what a nightmare @ Walgreens trying to limit quantities,make sure that they don't have every family member at a diff reg,whatever-it's so not fair)

jammom
08-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Here's another case-
http://www.fox8.com/lifestyle/ktla-extreme-couponer-arrested,0,6182698.story

Ryan's Mom
08-08-2011, 04:31 PM
And she says she didn't know stealing them was a crime! Really! When is theft not a crime!