PDA

View Full Version : Free Vista shirt from Microsoft

Admin
02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
"In what can only be described as an act of utter desperation to overcome Vista's mostly negative public perception issues, Microsoft has put together an online "Fact or Fiction" quiz about Windows Vista. Every person who submits themselves to Microsoft indoctrination gets a free shirt and the chance to win a $15,000 prize. Some of the supposed 'facts' will make you feel like you're reading a document from an alternate reality. Get ready to get a job as a computer salesman for a mass-market retailer as you go through the quiz."

Note: You will need to install Silverlight from Microsoft.
LINK (http://www.microsoft.com/australia/vistafacts/fact.aspx)

kdoc22
02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I've installed silverlight, but have not restarted my browser because I have a number of windows open and I'm not ready to shut them down. When I do restart the browser will the t-shirt offer then appear? If not, then the posted link does not take you to that offer. Help?

KMP50
02-15-2008, 06:42 PM
It worked for me. Says I will receive my polo shirt in about 2 weeks - it's an Australian Microsoft Vista site.:)

GATIGER
02-15-2008, 07:44 PM
After you install Silverlight, go back into the link and it should work. I got through it.

EBjimTX
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I downloaded Siverlight but, you say you have to play game to get shirt. When I went to register I read terms. You have to live in Australia and be a reseller.

freeall
02-16-2008, 04:55 PM
"Entry is only open to Australian residents residing in NSW, VIC, QLD, NT, or SA who are Microsoft OEM Channel Partners"

HoldenMagroin
02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
As a Microsoft Beta-Tester and a member of the MS Direct Access Team, I can tell you this - this offer is NOT available to anyone outside of Australia.

So, those of us in USA, like myself, are not eligible for the shirt. :(

Also, I personally can't recommend Vista due to compatibility issues, regardless of what that quiz states as "Fact". Vista still has issues with quite a few different models of printers and digital cameras. While this isn't entirely Microsoft's fault (MS can't test EVERY printer or camera without help from the manufacturers directly), the Vista OS was a rushed product (to beat out Apple), similar to Windows ME, and we all know how well that OS didn't work...

For your money and lack of problems, stick with XP Home or Pro for now.