PDA

View Full Version : Sorry For Being Out Of Touch

Ryan's Mom
09-18-2011, 10:34 PM
We've spent this week at my SIL's out in the boonies and, as most of you know, there is no internet. Well, actually there's dial up, but she'd rather just do without. My MIL took a dramatic turn for the worse and now hasn't consumed food or liquids for three days. She won't last long if this keeps up and I don't think she really wants to. She's almost 98 and has had a great life. Her spirits are great and she's in hospice. I just came home to get more clothes and something suitable for a funeral and am going back up in the morning. I don't know when we'll be back. I guess I should take the netbook and go in town to McDonald's for the occasional update. I'll come back with a vengeance, I just don't know when.

Minister's Wife
09-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Will be praying for you and the family. I'm sure this isn't an easy time for you!! We'll be here waiting for you. Hugs dear friend!!!

rebate queen
09-19-2011, 07:00 AM
We've spent this week at my SIL's out in the boonies and, as most of you know, there is no internet. Well, actually there's dial up, but she'd rather just do without. My MIL took a dramatic turn for the worse and now hasn't consumed food or liquids for three days. She won't last long if this keeps up and I don't think she really wants to. She's almost 98 and has had a great life. Her spirits are great and she's in hospice. I just came home to get more clothes and something suitable for a funeral and am going back up in the morning. I don't know when we'll be back. I guess I should take the netbook and go in town to McDonald's for the occasional update. I'll come back with a vengeance, I just don't know when.

Will be thinking of you Dolores! <3

Ryan's Mom
09-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Came home today for more clothes and to take care of the cat. Thank goodness Fatty isn't a dog! I did have to reassure him that we hadn't left him forever! My MIL is still not eating and only taking about a teaspoon of liquid when her throat gets too dry to speak. She is one tough lady and I think that now it is getting in the way of her wishes. She knows she's dieing and would just like to get it over with, but she's not bitter or anything. She talks a lot about times with her husband who died in 2004. They were married almost 67 years! We talk about the old days and she seems to enjoy it. Will update when possible.

rebate queen
09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the update!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Came home today for more clothes and to take care of the cat. Thank goodness Fatty isn't a dog! I did have to reassure him that we hadn't left him forever! My MIL is still not eating and only taking about a teaspoon of liquid when her throat gets too dry to speak. She is one tough lady and I think that now it is getting in the way of her wishes. She knows she's dieing and would just like to get it over with, but she's not bitter or anything. She talks a lot about times with her husband who died in 2004. They were married almost 67 years! We talk about the old days and she seems to enjoy it. Will update when possible.

Ryan's Mom
09-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Came home yesterday to get more clothes, water the plants and to reassure the cat that he wasn't abandon. He's not totally alone, a neighbor is looking in on him but mostly he's alone. My MIL is hanging in there. She doesn't want to. She has helped write her obituary and plan her memorial service. I think that has made her happy in some odd way. My SIL got a friend's husband to sing at the service. He used to be with the Toledo Opera so Alice is quite satisfied with that. Got to head back. Will update when possible.

Ryan's Mom
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
MIL has decided it's not time to die and is eating some! She's been drinking liquids for some time now, but just started eating. She just said that it's not time to die and started eating! I don't know if she'll make it or not, she's down to about 70 pounds, but she's a strong willed woman so it won't surprise me if she does! I'm praying that she does, I have that uncommon creature, a likable mother-in-law! We decided to stay home for a while so I should be on much, much more often. My SIL will call us if there's any change and I have a suitcase packed and ready to go.

rebate queen
10-11-2011, 05:04 AM
MIL has decided it's not time to die and is eating some! She's been drinking liquids for some time now, but just started eating. She just said that it's not time to die and started eating! I don't know if she'll make it or not, she's down to about 70 pounds, but she's a strong willed woman so it won't surprise me if she does! I'm praying that she does, I have that uncommon creature, a likable mother-in-law! We decided to stay home for a while so I should be on much, much more often. My SIL will call us if there's any change and I have a suitcase packed and ready to go.

That's great news Dolores! We'll keep her in our prayers!

On a side note, I'm glad you'll be around here more. I'm trying, but I just can't be on here much. Things will probably be better in about a month when Henry is able to do more. The kids are disappointing me greatly and have been NO help at all :(

Ryan's Mom
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't worry Dawn, Henry is much more important than freebies. As for the kids, smack those little boogers for me! LOL!!

jammom
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
You guys don't worry-I think I owe you-LOL ! Take care of business & know that prayers are sent your way daily.
Thanx for the updates...

rebate queen
10-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Dolores, I read your post to Henry. We both LOAO!!

Deb, thanks again. You rock!!