PDA

View Full Version : Kingston Memory 1, Me 0

Ryan's Mom
11-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I am having a day! Ordered 2 memory modules from Kingston and decided to install them today. Thought I might as well clean off the computer armoire too. Cleaned it and my printer, keyboard and speakers. Figured that while I had my computer open I'd blow the dust out. Went to get my canned air and couldn't find the little extension tube for hard to reach places. Ran to Walmart for another can. Opened the tower and proceeded to blow out the dust (it REALLY needed it!). Now I'm ready to install the ram. It drops into the slot, but is not as tall as my existing RAM so I can't lock it into place! Then I call Kingston support. We go over my computer brand and model and I wait while he runs their little program that tells you what kind of RAM they say my computer needs and he gets the same, wrong, results that I got. He tells me that it IS the right RAM and it's what their engineers have tested and certified for my computer! I tell him NO! We discuss my existing RAM and I tell him that the existing RAM is, indeed, taller than their RAM. Now I have to wait until Monday to speak to their level 2 technical support people because he can't do anything! I am SOOO p*ssed! I've never used anything but Kingston RAM going all the way back to 1995 when I worked for a small computer firm and did all our ordering, but if this doesn't get fixed quickly, I'm going to Crucial! Anyway, I'm back.

jammom
11-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry things didn't go so smooth
I gave up calling Walgreens tech support cause they were never much help-in fact in ILL,the other stores in our district used to call us instead of them