PDA

View Full Version : Vision Problems

Minister's Wife
12-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been on lately. I am having a lot of trouble with my vision. Last week I started having double vision and then they put me in the hospital to see what was going on. Lots and lots of tests later they don't know what is causing it but have ruled out any of the really serious stuff (stroke, blood clot, brain swelling, tumor, nerve damage). I have trouble seeing pretty much anything with my left eye. It doesn't track with the other eye. Feels weird cause I can feel it move separately from the right eye. I am having a lot of vertigo and nausea with it. Just laying in bed I get light headed and dizzy. Walking is a whole nuther story!! I won't even go into what a car ride is like right now. To say the least eating has been a challenge. Nothing sits well except broth or jello.

They said it should slowly go away, but they don't really know that, they can't since they don't know what caused it. So for now I just have to deal with it and work on changing some things in my diet. They said cutting back on sugar and other things may help even though I am not diabetic. Also just as a precaution they have put me on the lowest level of blood pressure medication even though I don't have high blood pressure. It's all part of the guessing game to figure out what is going on. One of the doctors actually said it might just be from stress.

I go back to the neurologist in a month, but I sure hope this doesn't hang around that long!! Maybe I can go in and say I am finally seeing well and he'll say great, no charge!! LOL!!

Being on here is not a lot of fun. Hard to read since you have to move your eyes to read. And I can't focus well so i am actually using a magnifying glass to help me see the screen on things I can't enlarge. Makes for an interesting time!! LOL!!

Any prayers sure would be appreciated!! I'll keep you posted and get on here as I feel up to it.

rebate queen
12-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Sorry I haven't been on lately. I am having a lot of trouble with my vision. Last week I started having double vision and then they put me in the hospital to see what was going on. Lots and lots of tests later they don't know what is causing it but have ruled out any of the really serious stuff (stroke, blood clot, brain swelling, tumor, nerve damage). I have trouble seeing pretty much anything with my left eye. It doesn't track with the other eye. Feels weird cause I can feel it move separately from the right eye. I am having a lot of vertigo and nausea with it. Just laying in bed I get light headed and dizzy. Walking is a whole nuther story!! I won't even go into what a car ride is like right now. To say the least eating has been a challenge. Nothing sits well except broth or jello.

They said it should slowly go away, but they don't really know that, they can't since they don't know what caused it. So for now I just have to deal with it and work on changing some things in my diet. They said cutting back on sugar and other things may help even though I am not diabetic. Also just as a precaution they have put me on the lowest level of blood pressure medication even though I don't have high blood pressure. It's all part of the guessing game to figure out what is going on. One of the doctors actually said it might just be from stress.

I go back to the neurologist in a month, but I sure hope this doesn't hang around that long!! Maybe I can go in and say I am finally seeing well and he'll say great, no charge!! LOL!!

Being on here is not a lot of fun. Hard to read since you have to move your eyes to read. And I can't focus well so i am actually using a magnifying glass to help me see the screen on things I can't enlarge. Makes for an interesting time!! LOL!!

Any prayers sure would be appreciated!! I'll keep you posted and get on here as I feel up to it.

Wow Lois--that sounds scary! :( Take care of yourself and don't worry about this forum!! Sending prayers!

Minister's Wife
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Just wanted to touch base!! Still having trouble with my eye. They have given it a name, Left eye 6th nerve palsy with diplopia. Just a fancy way to say the never is not working and has given me double vision. They have put me on a steroid to reduce swelling they think is around the nerve. Been on it a few days and no difference yet except feeling agitated. Steroids always do that to me and then I can't sleep well. That just adds to the whole problem with not getting rest.

They did completely rule out several things finally, so I feel better about that, but still no real reason for why it happened to start with. Unfortunately that means they really are guessing at how to treat me. My husband says I am getting around better, but I think after almost 3 weeks I am just getting used to seeing the world this way and learning to function.

I'll be back on regularly when I can see better. Hard to read without getting dizzy from the eye movement.

rebate queen
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the update. Just take care of yourself and don't worry about anything here. I really hope the problem just goes away--I'll be praying that it does. Happy New Year Lois! :)

Minister's Wife
01-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Happy New Year to you too Dawn!! Thanks for the prayers. I sure need them.

My husband thinks I am crazy trying to do things on here, but I just can't stop life cause I'm seeing two of everything. I wear and eye patch part of the time to rest the eye and I am still using a magnifying glass to help me see the screen better. Kinda funny to see I'm sure.

jammom
01-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Geesh-aren't we all falling apart-LOL ! I'm so sorry you have to go thru this Lois,but hopefully it'll get straightened out-prayers your way. (my glasses are on more than I care to admit) Take care of yourself & holler if we can do anything !
Deb

Minister's Wife
01-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Well, wanna come clean my house?? LOL!! I tried vacuuming and thought I would pass out. The movement was just too much and I got so dizzy. I did get some dishes washed and that was hard enough. Amazing how much one eye off can make such a difference. I wear a patch a lot of the time now and it is helping, but my depth perception is really off then. I am so clumsy right now it's almost funny!!
I just wish they could figure out what is causing it. They keep telling me it will go away, but how can they know that when they don't know what caused it to start with??? Ugh!! Another appointment this Thursday, so hopefully more answers and fewer questions then!
I agree about falling apart. This getting older stuff is for the birds!!! No fun at all. Aches, creaks and ouches all the time. Good grief!!