PDA

View Full Version : Totally Stressed - Hope To Be Here Regularly Soon

Ryan's Mom
12-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Sorry not to be here lately. Life has been crazy and really sucks. My MIL has deteriorated greatly, both mentally and physically. She had to be fed and was hallucinating and today she wouldn't wake up. We're going right back up there in the morning. I don't think she has much longer.

My son is having his arm amputated on Thursday and although he decided that was the best course of action, he's still very stressed. I need to go to Columbus on Wednesday to be there for the operation. I'm afraid that everything is going to happen at once and I can only be in one place at a time!

I will try to be better at keeping you updated.

rebate queen
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh my! Just take care of your family Dolores! ...and yourself!! I'm sending prayers :)

Ryan's Mom
12-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks Dawn. I'm trying.

jammom
12-31-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm so sorry life has sucked lately-you & yours are always in my prayers & I hope all things turn out for the best.
& as Dawn said & I always try to tell ya-DON'T WORRY-family first...the rest is piddly...
Glad to hear from ya... :)
Happy New Year !!!

we3kings
01-01-2012, 05:42 PM
That sounds like a lot to handle all at once, your in my prayers. Take care of yourself too. Try and have a Happy New Year!

Ryan's Mom
01-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who thought of us during this trying time. My son's surgery went well. There were no complications, thank God. He'll be able to have a prosthesis fitted in 6-8 weeks. My husband wasn't with us, our son told him to stay with grandma and it was a good thing as she passed peacefully early yesterday afternoon. My husband and his sister were both with her holding her hands. We're not having a funeral as she wanted to be cremated. She'll be joining her husband's ashes in a double urn in a mausoleum. They wanted to do it that way so that they could be together for eternity in this life AND the next. We will be having a celebration of her life on Thursday. She had a long, adventurous and happy life with a husband who was with her for almost sixty-seven years and loved her to death every minute of it. What more could you ask for!

I'm at home right now. Came for more clothes for us. I'll be heading up to my SIL's tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend so you probably won't hear from me. As most of you know, I can't get internet access up there unless I go into town and tie into McDonald's wifi.

rebate queen
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
So much going on!! How do you find time to get on here at all?
Still sending prayers!

Ryan's Mom
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks Dawn. Thought I'd sign in and let you all know I will be back. AND, I did manage to update the Sunday Coupon Inserts Preview!

Ryan's Mom
01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm baaaack! We came back early because the weather that was coming in. It wasn't bad when we started out, but the further south we got the worse it became. We had blowing snow with some small white outs most of the way home.

The memorial service went very well. The husband of a friend of my MIL sang at the service. He used to be with the Toledo Opera and his voice is just SO beautiful. We'll all miss her, but I think she's much happier now.

My son had a slight problem with his arm and had to miss the service. The doctor had to re-bandage him and he put Bill's arm in a cast to prevent him from moving his elbow. It has set his recovery back by about a week or two. Other than that, everything seems to be going well.

I'll be getting back to my regular routine in the next few days.

rebate queen
01-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Welcome home! :) Thanks for the update!

Minister's Wife
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Sure glad you are back. Been praying for you all. I'm amazed at how ell you seem to be holding it together. You are on strong lady!! Take your time getting back into things. You don't need the extra stress right now.

jammom
01-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Hope things are ok on your end-seen ya on for a bit this AM
Like I said on Lois' post,I feel so helpless & wish I could do more...
Just know I send prayers & happiness your way daily...

Ryan's Mom
01-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. We're winding down and trying to get back to normal. I managed to get a respiratory infection and am starting antibiotics and a decongestant to clear it up. I blame my son-in-law. We're a very huggy family and he has this too. He's almost over it so I told him it's all his fault. He says it was me but his just went quicker because he's younger! LOL! He's been under a lot of stress too. His brother has chronic acute pancreatitis and has been in and out of the hospital for months and his mother recently had a mild stroke. They have finally had to resort to surgery on his brother and are removing about 40% of his pancreas today. We're all praying that it's successful and he can go back to a normal life.

jammom
01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Geesh Dolores,when it rains,it pours...
Pancreatitis is a real kicker too-wow-but the surgery should really help
Now you take care of yourself (I always feel better when I give my cold to someone else)

Ryan's Mom
02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry I haven't been here....again. I guess I just got overwhelmed. And my fibromyalgia has been really acting up. Doctor said winter makes it worse; the cold & damp & lack of sunlight. So I'm taking extra vitamin C3 and he added wellbutrin. I haven't done freebies or coupons, gone much to Facebook or even really checked my email. Hoping to get back to my regular schedule soon.

rebate queen
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Sorry I haven't been here....again. I guess I just got overwhelmed. And my fibromyalgia has been really acting up. Doctor said winter makes it worse; the cold & damp & lack of sunlight. So I'm taking extra vitamin C3 and he added wellbutrin. I haven't done freebies or coupons, gone much to Facebook or even really checked my email. Hoping to get back to my regular schedule soon.

I'm right there with ya! :( My fibro and CFS have been worse--lots of stress here. There has not been one minute of one day lately that I really felt like doing anything. I'm still doing as much as I can , but am soooo behind. My Christmas tree is even still up. And then there's the depression it all causes....

Anyway, sorry to vent on you. I hope you're feeling better soon. Does C3 help with all this crap? Already on Wellbutrin among many other things.

jammom
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Wellbutrin gave me seizures (it's supposed to help in pain too)
Winter isn't my fav either-the 3 of us are the same...been draggin butt more
Glad to see ya Dolores-take care of yourself