PDA

View Full Version : Free Temporary Phone Numbr

Admin
07-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Developed by Craiglist, it's initial purpose was to provide temp numbers for online sales, but it's use has expanded now to include anywhere this could come in handy. For example, you can give yourself a local number in cities where you have friends and then they can call you locally.

Q: What is numbr?
A: numbr is an auto-expiring, FREE anonymous phone number that forwards incoming call to
your home or mobile phone. Callers do not see your home or mobile numbers.

Q: Will there be any charge on my phone bill?
A: No, numbr doesn't charge you for using the services. Depending on your phone carrier
and your long distance plan, your phone carrier my bill you separately for making or receiving phone calls. We do not have any control over your long distance plans.

Q: Will numbrs be reused?
A: No. Allocated numbrs are unique and they will not be reused.

Q: How do I expire my numbr?
A: You can expire your numbr by pressing "0" (zero) when you receive an incoming call.

Q: How do I extend my numbr beyond 1 month?
A: You can click on the 'Manage my numbr' link on the home page and extend your numbr expiry date. Even if your numbr has expired, you can now re-activate it and continue to receive calls.

Usage Notes:
1) First click "Get your FREE numbr"
2) Then click "Want a number in your area code?"
3) Pick nearest city
4) Click "Create Numbr"
5) Select number options, such as numbr expiration, and number to forward calls to, and you can also list a secondary forwarding number by clicking the + icon
6) Click "More call control options" if your want even more control over your numbr, but these option require the use of an email address -- hover over the "?" to determine what the options do
7) Check "I Agree" box
8) Click "Submit"
9) Make a note of your Numbr (including extension)
10) You can click "Manage your numbr" to extend it once it expires, expire it early, or change options

LINK (http://numbr.com/)