PDA

View Full Version : first post ever

quietman429
08-17-2012, 06:13 AM
hi im a cancer patient with incurable terminal cancer.the doctors gave me six months to live. that was three years ago. im very stubborn and dont listen to my doctors. after being released from the hospital, i couldnt get out of bed without assistance ,so i started going on these sites. and the rest is mystery.

rebate queen
08-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Wow--you are stubborn and that's a good thing. I found these sites when recovering from pneumonia. Glad to have you here, and hope you have many more years!

jammom
08-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Bless you-as I used to tell my patients-stubbornness can be a good thing ! (I like your humor too) Glad you found us & hope you come around for a long time! I know Dawn,Dolores & I have been doing the freebies for awhile-I discovered sweeping while I was bored in the hosp.If you need anything,holler at 1 of us Mods or post here-we have a lot of helpful members

Peter Pumpkin
08-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I also started doing this because of illness. Helps keep my mind focused on things other then bad. Everybody here has been great. Welcome! :)

Ryan's Mom
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum, you fit right in quietman429! Looks like a lot of us discovered freebies and couponing while ill or recovering. I really got into it when I was unable to work following brain surgery in 2004 and suffering from seizures for a few years afterward. I'm now retired and find that couponing and freebies help stretch my budget!