PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens new rewards card

queenbts
08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Has anyone heard about the new Walgreens rewards card. ( I heard about it on another couponing website) It is supposed to roll out some time in early Sept. From what I am reading you won't be able to roll over your RR's any more. You earn 10 pts for every dollar spent. ( thats after coupons are deducted) There are supposed to be a lots of changes and restrictions. So if you have heard about this .....please fill me in. It doesn't sound like this is a great idea but I guess only time will tell. Thanks!!

rebate queen
08-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Has anyone heard about the new Walgreens rewards card. ( I heard about it on another couponing website) It is supposed to roll out some time in early Sept. From what I am reading you won't be able to roll over your RR's any more. You earn 10 pts for every dollar spent. ( thats after coupons are deducted) There are supposed to be a lots of changes and restrictions. So if you have heard about this .....please fill me in. It doesn't sound like this is a great idea but I guess only time will tell. Thanks!!

I haven't heard about it, but I've been kind of out of the loop. Jammom should know--she works there!

jammom
08-29-2012, 11:32 AM
OK-you know I don't really talk much about Walgreens here,but I'll give ya my opinion...
We started piloting them 10 days ago & I have my card (only piloting employees & points aren't assigned,so we're not really piloting much-LOL)
I know about as much as you posted-except this is going to be the demise of Reg Rewards & coupons in ad.You can only get the sale price if you have the card,Reg Rewards will be phased out ,instead you get points... (5,000 pts=$5) There will be items w/ bonus pts,etc...
Basically,you can still buy however many items you want,but only 1 promo will be added per acct (make sense?)
I dunno if I like it,but when it's up & running,I'm sure there'll be glitches...

As I said,I work there & know about as much as you.