PDA

View Full Version : Back from NC

Peter Pumpkin
09-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Got back yesterday from the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was awesome! Although I couldn't drive, my brother-in-law did and I got a ride along with a professional driver. Not sure how they got me in the car at my 345lb. size, but with some grunts and groans, they managed. They wanted me to try driving, but the steering wheel would have been right in my gut. You can see that in the pictures and video they took. We both got eight laps around the track. Greg Steadman, Richard Petty's Head Pit Crew Chief (a totally awesome guy), picked us up and drove us around town in Richard Petty's personal car, a 600 horsepower Dodge Challenger. We got several challenges and many double takes from people who knew who's car that was. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Now it's time to catch up and try to win another trip. :2up:

Ryan's Mom
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
YAY! I'm glad you had a good time Peter. Now that everyone is winning trips, I'm going to HAVE to start doing the sweeps more often!

jammom
09-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Cool-glad you were able to enjoy your trip !
(Change in plans-we're going 9/23 to Hartford,CT)

rebate queen
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
That sounds awesome Peter! Hope I have a good time on mine! :)

jammom
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM

You better-you guys deserve it !!!
Mine-I just want a quick nite away from reality-LOL !

Peter Pumpkin
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM

Riding in the car is not scary at all. It's one of the most solid feeling rides I have ever been in. These cars are built with the best parts available. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Just remember Dale Jr. is a better driver than I had and mine was good.

rebate queen
09-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Riding in the car is not scary at all. It's one of the most solid feeling rides I have ever been in. These cars are built with the best parts available. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Just remember Dale Jr. is a better driver than I had and mine was good.

OK--I'm looking forward to it.!!