PDA

View Full Version : Sweeps Win Trip Starts Today!!

rebate queen
10-12-2012, 05:15 AM
What I posted on FB:

Well, today's the day to start the trip from my sweepstakes win! I got the news yesterday that Dale Jr. has a concussion and can't be there, but they are bringing us back on 11/13 to do all of the things with him. The day with him was supposed to be on Monday, but they have scheduled other things for us to do, for example, a catered lunch and a tour of JR Motorsports where they build the racecars. The only thing that I'm upset about is that we don't actually get to see him race. We still get to see the races tonight and tomorrow night, tour the pit and garage area before the race tomorrow, and go to the Nascar Hall of Fame on Sunday. I'm not a Nascar fan, but I may just come back as one!!

Ryan's Mom
10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Have a great time! I'm so jealous! LOL!

jammom
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Have an awesome weekend !

Peter Pumpkin
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
You are going to a ball. Just kick back and let go times roll. If you happen to meet Greg Steadman from Petty's Garage, say hi for me and tell him I'm still waiting for my picture. Have super lots of fun. :)

Ladysteeler
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Sounds awesome. Have a wonderful time.

rebate queen
10-16-2012, 12:23 PM
What I posted on FB:

Patrick and I just got back from our trip we took as a result of my sweeps win. It was a lot of walking at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I just don't handle that well since I got sick. HAD to take pain meds, then I couldn't stay awake during the race...lol! Catch 22. The hotel (Hampton Inn in Huntersville) was awesome!!! The pit and garage tours were not that great, didn't learn much. We went for lunch and a tour at JR Motorsports yesterday. It was really nice and informative. We also got to meet Kerry Earnhardt and his wife and Dale Jr.'s sister, Kelly. I've got lots of great pics that I'll post soon. We didn't get to do anything with Dale Jr, because of his concussion, but they are bringing us back in November for the rest of the trip (all the stuff with Jr).

jammom
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Glad to see ya back ! Sounds like a good time !

rebate queen
10-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks Deb!

I did forget to mention that none of my giftcards worked. After 3 got declined, I didn't try anymore. I'm trying to work it out with them, but the main girl I need to talk to is out this week. $950 worth :(