PDA

View Full Version : Redbook Kuerig Sweepstakes Questions

Peter Pumpkin
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Saturday, when I entered the Redbook Kuerig sweepstakes the page didn't have the usual "do not subscribe" link. I just put it down to maybe the page was changed. Of course, that wasn't the case and now I am subscribe to Redbook. Well tomorrow I'll call to cancel and may be put on the list for so many of these errors that they no longer pay attention to me. This has happened to me with Better Homes and Gardens. In fact, BHG even quit sending me my free year subscription that I won in a sweeps.

First Question: Did anybody else have this happen to them Saturday?

Second Question: When this happens and you cancel do they even pay attention to your sweepstakes entries?

Third Question: Since all of these magazines seem to be controlled be Hearst Magazines, does this go across all the magazines that Hearst controls.

Fourth Question: Has anybody even won a Hearst magazine sweepstakes?

rebate queen
11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Saturday, when I entered the Redbook Kuerig sweepstakes the page didn't have the usual "do not subscribe" link. I just put it down to maybe the page was changed. Of course, that wasn't the case and now I am subscribe to Redbook. Well tomorrow I'll call to cancel and may be put on the list for so many of these errors that they no longer pay attention to me. This has happened to me with Better Homes and Gardens. In fact, BHG even quit sending me my free year subscription that I won in a sweeps.

First Question: Did anybody else have this happen to them Saturday?

Second Question: When this happens and you cancel do they even pay attention to your sweepstakes entries?

Third Question: Since all of these magazines seem to be controlled be Hearst Magazines, does this go across all the magazines that Hearst controls.

Fourth Question: Has anybody even won a Hearst magazine sweepstakes?

This did not happen to me on Saturday.

I don't think they hold this against you. After all, they are preying on people to make mistakes and subscribe. I've had to cancel before with no problems.

I don't know the answer to #3

If Woman's Day is Hearst, then yes, several times. I've also won from ELLE. I just don't enter them much anymore. My computer doesn't like them for some reason???

porcelaine
11-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I had this issue with a Popular Science sweeps over the weekend but I cancelled promptly.

jammom
11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I wish they'd just take the sub offers away from the sweeps-I know I've made the mistake a few times too-seems pointless.
I've NEVER heard of anyone winning any of the Hearst sweeps-I always wonder about them as I enter

Peter Pumpkin
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Found out today that BHG isn't part of Hearst publications. The customer service representative from Redbook told me this. Just for kicks, I try to call BHG to try and get my year subscription back. Nobody answers the phone and I'm not the only person this has happened to. Now you can't even call if you goof and subscribe. Thinking about giving up doing magazine sweeps, except the new one from O magazine. If you can't trust Oprah, who can you trust, right?