PDA

View Full Version : PCH deception?

Peter Pumpkin
11-29-2012, 02:05 PM
I enter PCH all the time and if you do, you know they offer things to buy. Well after midnight last night I got an email from them saying I had ordered COLOR CHANGING ILLUMINATED GIFT BOX ORNAMENTS. This order was bogus, so I made an account with them and canceled the order. I'm 99% sure I did not place this order. I received the following email from them this morning. Make what you will out of it.

Please let us take this opportunity to assist you with your concern. Our records indicate that the order you are referencing, the Gift Boxes (Order Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx), was processed on 11/27/2012, along with your sweepstakes entry on that date. We are sorry to learn that you do not recall placing or authorizing this order. Orders at Publishers Clearing House are placed through direct consumer request through our promotional e-mails or on our pch.com website. We do not send out unordered merchandise to our consumers.

Just above the "Submit" or "Continue" button on the promotional e-mails is a "Shopping Cart" which confirms the items that have been selected. Prior to clicking the submit button for your entry, please ensure you review the Shopping Cart and remove any unwanted items. If items are left in the Shopping Cart when your entry is submitted, the order will be processed.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, please be advised that we have removed all charges for this order. However, due to our automated processing system, it may be too late for us to stop this order from shipping. Therefore, should you receive it, it is not necessary to return the merchandise. You may also disregard any requests for payment on this order. We apologize for any concern this may have caused.

rebate queen
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Hmmm...I don't do any of their sweeps. I don't like how they are always mailing stuff saying you won.....