PDA

View Full Version : Health Issue

Peter Pumpkin
02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Last week during a Heart Nuclear Stress Test they found an abnormality in one of my coronary arteries. Monday, I'm having a Cardiac Catheterization to determine what's wrong. It could be nothing or may lead to open heart surgery. I don't have a lot of luck with medical procedures, so if you don't see me around after Monday, win lots of stuff and I'll see you on the other side.

jammom
02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
So sorry to hear that-I think of you daily but will send even more blessings your way.It COULD lead to open heart surgery,but lets not think that-it could be a stent,or alot of things can be corrected w/ meds. (I was a Cardiac Surgery RN ) I know what you mean-medically I don't do things half-assed or by the book either. Smiles & hugs to you-if your gonna stay,get us an addy so we can send cards !

rebate queen
02-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Sending prayers for healing and the best possible outcome!

jammom
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanx for the PMs-I just sent a friend req-LOVE your cover pic !!!

Ryan's Mom
02-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Last week during a Heart Nuclear Stress Test they found an abnormality in one of my coronary arteries. Monday, I'm having a Cardiac Catheterization to determine what's wrong. It could be nothing or may lead to open heart surgery. I don't have a lot of luck with medical procedures, so if you don't see me around after Monday, win lots of stuff and I'll see you on the other side.

Everyone is praying for you so you should do well. Remember, a positive attitude really helps. Just decide that you'll be okay. It has worked for me, even with a subdural hematoma while on coumadin. Basically a brain bleed while on a blood thinner. Hang in there, between good thoughts and prayers, I'm betting on a full recovery.

jammom
02-24-2013, 04:11 PM
How are you today Peter ? I've been thinking about you !

jammom
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Hope you feel all the love & prayers from our members Peter-lots of outpourings on FB
Best of Luck today-will be praying for a speedy recovery !

Peter Pumpkin
02-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Update: They found a 50% blockage in one artery and 60% in the other. They were considering stents and even open heart, but after conferring with the other doctors they agreed that due to my "hopefully" upcoming bariatric surgery that medication was the way to go. So they put me on Lipitor for now. Now just need to pass the EGD and psychological tests. Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. They really help. :)

rebate queen
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Update: They found a 50% blockage in one artery and 60% in the other. They were considering stents and even open heart, but after conferring with the other doctors they agreed that due to my "hopefully" upcoming bariatric surgery that medication was the way to go. So they put me on Lipitor for now. Now just need to pass the EGD and psychological tests. Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. They really help. :)

Glad you didn't have to have another surgery.

I have faith that you'll get through the stuff you need to so that you can have your procedure! :)

jammom
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
YAY-I commented on our FB wall-so happy to hear this ! Hope you don't mind me posting for prayers on our FB wall,but with as nice as you are,the least we could do is send prayers .

Ryan's Mom
02-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Glad to see you back! I knew you'd be alright!

Barr
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
prayers are being sent your way

NatalieW79
03-26-2013, 04:01 AM
First. Positive thoughts are a MUST! Second, we know it will go well ;-) - so let us know how it went as soon as possible