PDA

View Full Version : Marlboro 3-IN-1 FLASHLIGHT RECALL

jammom
04-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Marlboro Country Uncovered Promotion

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

April 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Altria Group Distribution Company (“AGDC”) is conducting a voluntary recall of the 3-in-1 Flashlight, Compass and Match Holder, pictured below, which was distributed through the Marlboro Country Uncovered Promotion. Matches inside the match holder can ignite when in contact with the striker pad beneath the compass cap, posing burn and injury hazards to consumers. Our records indicate that you were shipped one of the 3-in-1 Flashlights.
Please immediately stop using the 3-in-1 Flashlight and follow the instructions below to participate in this voluntary recall and receive another premium item:

1. Hold the flashlight so the compass is at the top.
2. Remove the compass cap.
3. Remove and safely dispose of or store the matches.
4. Hold on to the compass cap until you receive the notification with the return kit instructions and keep out of reach of children.

We are sending you a formal notification in the mail over the next 1-4 weeks with instructions on how to return the compass cap and participate in this voluntary recall program.

After we receive the compass cap back, we will send you another premium item.

If you gave away the 3-in-1 Flashlight, please provide the recipient the toll-free number below and advise the recipient that you will soon be receiving a more detailed notification on how to participate in this voluntary recall.

Gary Countryman Jr.
05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
How do the matches even make contact with the striking surface under the compass with that piece of foam separating them, also, that is supposed to be a water proof compartment, hence, air tight. No oxygen, no fire.

jammom
05-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I was a bit confused about this too-

Chris Mueller
05-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Using a one inch copper cap from Lowes I was able to hammer it down pretty tight on the flashlight so I could still use it and get another free gift. Also you're right, no oxygen no fire however there would be enough inside the container for combustion, at that point the gasses must go somewhere hence, explosion.