PDA

View Full Version : Free Parental Controls for Windows XP, Vista & 7 From Microsoft

Ryan's Mom
01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Help protect your kids online
With Family Safety, you decide how your kids experience the Internet. Limit searches, monitor and block or allow websites, and decide who your kids can communicate with in Windows Live Spaces, Messenger, or Hotmail.*

http://download.live.com/familysafety

* The Family Safety Filter must be installed on each computer your children use. If the Filter is not installed, the safety settings cannot be enforced.

rebate queen
05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
still available

Ryan's Mom
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I should add that the best protection, in my opinion is just using AOL. It has fantastic parental controls. When Ryan was young thats the only thing he was allowed to sign into. He didn't have access to any other browser. I tested it myself. On the kid's sign in I searched the F word and it came back saying there was nothing fitting my search parameters. When I ran it on my sign in I got over 3 million hits and that was about 10 or 11 years ago. I ran other inappropriate things and got the same results. When I ran sex I got pages on gender! Very bland.

Ryan's Mom
03-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Bump......