PDA

View Full Version : GoGo SqueeZ Recall

jammom
03-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Dear valued consumers and community,
I deeply regret that I must let you know we are voluntarily recalling specific applesauce pouches that may not meet our quality standards. We found food product residue in two product pumps in one of our factories during an inspection by the Michigan State Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD). No illnesses connected to this issue have been reported. While it is possible the food product residue may have been incorporated into finished product, we test our applesauce extensively, and at this time, we have not seen evidence of this in our pouches. At GoGo squeeZ®, our team takes food safety matters very seriously, so in an abundance of caution, we are recalling products. We are so sorry that this happened.
Consumers who have purchased GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouches with Best Before Dates between 12/4/15 and 3/4/17 can contact us at 1-844-275-5841 or visit voucher.gogosqueez.com (http://gogosqueez.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3b37df85161b4bc838effa080&id=0cd105012f&e=76526d9f80) to request a replacement voucher. For instructions on how to identify affected products, click here (http://gogosqueez.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=3b37df85161b4bc838effa080&id=2798b87729&e=76526d9f80).
Please note that this recall does not include or impact GoGo squeeZ Organic products or our newly launched GoGo squeeZ YogurtZ®. This recall only impacts non-organic products that were made in our Traverse City facility,and no others.
Production of the above product has been suspended while we work with MDARD officials to continue their investigation, and we will not begin production in this factory again until we are confident the problem is fixed. All other production facilities continue to operate under our extreme caution and care. Additionally, we will be working closely with MDARD and bring a number of outside experts to work with us to prevent this from happening again. We will keep you updated with any new information.
Many of you know that last year we had a recall for a different reason, and as a result, we understand you may be losing patience with us. We have worked hard to earn your trust, and we are taking action to make sure we continue to deserve it. As a part of this commitment Bill Graham, our President, and I will be intimately involved in making the changes necessary to deliver on our promise. I can’t begin to express how sorry we are that this happened, and we appreciate your patience and support.