PDA

View Full Version : Our New Forum Contest - Your Ideas

SadMan
05-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Hello everyone, as you know on May 31, our forum contest is over.
Who has any ideas, options?

Dolores suggested the following scheme:

'Perhaps this time we could do something like giving credit only for posts, not replies, and setting certain levels for gifts such as:

Reach level one (maybe 25 posts or so, whatever you think is reasonable & only new posts would count of course. Anything posted before the beginning of the contest wouldn't count.) and you can choose from:
A.
B.
C.
D.
etc, etc, however many choices you want give them. Prizes for the first level could be quite inexpensive. Then do a level two with better prizes, then level three with even better prizes and so on. As members reach each level they would get a prize. Set a time limit for the contest as before. '

What are the prizes for each level you would like?

rebate queen
05-27-2010, 08:01 AM
How would you keep count of what was a regular post and what was a reply post?

Do you mean that only new threads would count?

SadMan
05-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Can group prizes in forum shop, some prizes just for new threads points, and other prizes for reply-points. But to make the calculation only new - it is necessary to reset all members points to zero - but it is not good :(

rebate queen
05-28-2010, 05:07 AM
I've got lots of ideas, but not many about the forum contest. I do think that we should give guests that join the forum a big bonus.

I'm happy with whatever you decide:)

SadMan
05-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Bonus - this is good, but what do you see as a bonus .. example
Also wanted to hear all your ideas ....

rebate queen
05-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Bonus - this is good, but what do you see as a bonus .. example
Also wanted to hear all your ideas ....

A bonus could be a certain number of points or whatever else you might choose.

Glad to know that you want to hear my ideas and I wouldn't be bothering you.:)

I will pm you with them soon. I would also want to run them by Dolores and Deb first.

jammom
05-28-2010, 07:46 AM
We could do a monthly GC giveaway-something like a $25 Walmart,Target,etc...for most posts per month.
I dunno-I'm easy to please

Ryan's Mom
05-28-2010, 01:41 PM
I like Deb's idea. That way you could continue with the same system and just award different prizes. If it's affordable, perhaps you could award a 1st and 2nd place prize?

Minister's Wife
05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
What about activity? There are a lot of members here, but so few really post or chat or anything else. They just lurk. Would that be part of the new post stuff?

joelmandre
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I like the activity idea! Because there are a lot of registered members, but not many of them post or repond.

Perhaps have users vote on the valueable posts that people do and award people for adding quality to the site. Many times a post is nothing more than. Thanks and using that towards the count would be wrong.

Maybe a monthly contest on who gave the best links, who was the most helpful and allow the users on the site vote. A person can only win one category and the winners all receive a gift card or something.

Okay, that was my two cents. I have some stuff I need to write. I'll be lurking this weekend!

SadMan
05-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Ok. Prizes will be - Gift Cards.... I think all agree.
So what are rules we choose?

rebate queen
05-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, it's easy to make rules. What's difficult is making rules that someone is able to oversee. Since that would be you, maybe you could tell us what is possible. For example, you can't be on here all day deciding which posts count and which ones don't.

Ryan's Mom
06-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Any other thoughts on what the new contest should be?

joelmandre
06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
How about using the reputation bars that are new. People can vote on important and good posts and add to the reputation of people, and when they hit a certain milestone they get a giftcard?

rebate queen
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
How about using the reputation bars that are new. People can vote on important and good posts and add to the reputation of people, and when they hit a certain milestone they get a giftcard?

That's a good idea!!

jammom
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Agree on that-how 'bout not being able to win 2 mos in a row? (make it more fair?)

rebate queen
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Agree on that-how 'bout not being able to win 2 mos in a row? (make it more fair?)

That's good also!

Ryan's Mom
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
And, perhaps, not being able to vote on the same post more than once. That way no one is tempted to pump up the vote for friends.

rebate queen
06-10-2010, 01:46 PM
you guys are on a roll!!

joelmandre
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I think there is a filter in here that prevents you from giving a user more than one + each day. Anytime a new post is started with a good freebie, I give a add to reputation, but it will only let me give you one a day. I've just tried it on each of you, and it gives a message to spread the love around.

rebate queen
06-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I think there is a filter in here that prevents you from giving a user more than one + each day. Anytime a new post is started with a good freebie, I give a add to reputation, but it will only let me give you one a day. I've just tried it on each of you, and it gives a message to spread the love around.

On another forum I go to, you have to rep 10 different people, then you can rep the same person again. I think on that one you can do 30 a day total.

Minister's Wife
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
So where exactly is the rep on this version? I knew where it was before, but now don't.

rebate queen
06-12-2010, 05:31 PM
So where exactly is the rep on this version? I knew where it was before, but now don't.

Click on the star on the bottom left

Minister's Wife
06-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you!!!

SadMan
06-18-2010, 04:29 AM
We can make the contest for the most interesting blogs. The winners choose based on statistics (ranking) or making a separate vote.
What do you think?

joelmandre
06-18-2010, 07:38 AM
That might be a good way to get more blogs going! I like it!!