Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status

It is getting closer to "BABY TIME"! Doctor thinks the baby may be early and arrive as soon as the last week of July. Baby's name will be Aurora after the Disney Princess, Snow White. I think I have bought all the basics they need for when baby arrives and clothes to start each growth for the first year. The kids were smart and concentrating on diapers and working on getting at least 3 or 3 boxes of each size for the first year ~ before Aurora is born.

My partner on the other site has been busy buying stuff she finds at thrift stores. She is the Queen of thrift store shopping *LOL* Gina is also doing a needlepoint thing and framing it for when Aurora arrives.

I can't remember if I mentioned that Gina68gt and I finally got together after over 20 years of working on websites together, last month. I drove 2 hours to Plymouth and we went to a little Mexican Restaurant there and spent about an hour there. It was a nice visit. Hope you all get to visit your online friends. I know I won't be able to meet the ones in England. We are not sure if she and her son will make it down here for the "Spirit Tours" of Whitewater, WI or not. She is hoping to make it down after Aurora is born. My daughter actually got to meet Gina68gt last summer at some big Car Racing Event way up in northern Wisconsin.

Status

My daughter was constantly calling me yesterday morning from midnight until after 6am while she was in labor and delivery. She was in labor starting at 9pm with contractions between 2 and 7 minutes apart. They finally decided to give her an IV around 3 because she was not dilating. She did finally dilate to 4 cm but they decided to send her home around 6am. She was out cold when I stopped by at 8am to pick up some stuff she had for my granddaughter, Emma. I guess we shall see what happens in the next few days.

Status

My middle daughter had foot surgery today. They removed a large cyst from between 2 tendons and "squeezed the tendons back together. That means I am on baby birthing duties if my younger one has her baby. We are on the final days. If baby is not born by Aug. 10, baby will be getting an "eviction notice".

Status

Today is the DAY!! My granddaughter will be born today. My daughter is already at the hospital waiting to get induced. Will Let you know when things are done. In the meantime, I need to pull some jars out of the canner.

Status

Aurora Jane was born at 2:26 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and 21" long. Beautiful! Even funnier, the father thought she was born at 4:26 when he looked at his wrist band. He is not aware of Military/European time. It said 14:26 and my daughter made him look at it and tell her if it said 14:26. Thank goodness for Military families knowing the difference. *LOL*

Status

My birthday was Sept 30th. I am now 61. A few weeks ago we found out that Don has Squamous Cell Carcinoma on his lower lip. Went to see a MOHS doctor to have it removed. Nurse saw it and said they were running tight that day and made an appointment for the following week on the 28th. Doctor came in and looked at his lip and said would have to cancel 28th. He would be losing his entire lower lip and need plastic surgery. He would have to contact the plastic surgeon and they would have to set up coordinating surgery dates. Don would be fully awake for the MOHS surgery but asleep for the plastic surgery. Thank God (I guess). The plastic surgeon "deferred" to do the surgery. Now we have to wait to hear from the Head and Neck Oncologist at UW-Madison Hospital. We do not know if it is in or out patient, anything about the doctor. ETC.. They are trying to find out for us. Meanwhile, I am literally watching the cancer spread. He was told that after all was done, there would be a good chance he will also have to go through radiology. Now it is a bunch of labs and mri scans this week. He is on day 4 of no smoking. He is on a patch that was prescribed by our family doctor. Fingers crossed!

Status

Talk about slow moving insurance, etc.... Got a call today that the referral was received but still waiting on insurance to approve it. Geesh!!! Meanwhile we sit here and watch the cancer spread across his lower lip. He is on Day 6 or no smoking. That is a bonus, once we are over this hurdle, hopefully he will quit drinking beer as well.

Status

Now to bring you up to speed. Took Don for his scan and heart echo on Thursday. His heart was racing too fast, so we got sent up to Cardiology for an EKG. Dr Fafa up his medication and I had to take his blood pressure and pulse on Friday afternoon and call with the results. He had to make an appointment with his primary doctor for an EKG today. Now on Thursday the 12th, we go back to radiology and hopefully get the heart echo. Dr Fafa once again increased the dosage after seeing the EKG. We need to get this under control so we can get the cancer surgery completed. Keep us in your prayers

Status

It is so hard to watch as his lip keeps getting bigger and sticking out more. It is now actually showing signs of small tears in his lip. He really isn't eating but it is hard for him. Now days it is all about the money not the human life. So agitated with the whole insurance system.

Status

Forgot to mention, on a lighter and more fun topic, We went to the Milwaukee County Zoo last Saturday. I took my daughter and granddaughter. It was a nice time. That was until her boyfriend and daughter came and he invited HIS mother. The same person who was supporting my daughter's drug habit when she was an addict. My daughter has been drug free for a couple months over a year now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast