Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Default The next phase of my life has begun

Sorry I am not doing quotes every day. I post the same quotes that are on my page that I and my friend post.

I now am back to working 2 full time jobs. I no longer live in a tent, but now in a motel. I made the decision to surrender 7 of my cats to a No Kill Rescue. My 2 calicos went to a member of my church who lives in the country. I will be volunteering to help at the cat rescue, so I will be able to see them. When I get to the place I want to be I can get what is left. At least they will be warm and well cared for. It was a hard decision, but I have to think of what is best for them, not what I want. I have been selfish too long and it was time to take care of them in their best interest.

Status
    Default WOW! What a wild ride this has been!

A friend told me that a mobile home by her was for rent. I figured I would call because it would be cheaper than a motel. I left the same message for 3 days. On the 4th day, they answered while I was leaving my usual message. I was told it was for sale, not rent. My heart dropped, I swallowed hard and asked how much. When they told me, I said "Oh? give me a day or two". I owned the trailer the next day, before snow started to fall. I became an owner on Dec. 1, 2020. It is not what the path I expected but the trailer is growing on me. I will make my final payment on the trailer the second week of May, plus whatever I still owe the one who lent me the money for the down payment.
    I do not have my cats. I can get 2 of them back, but they may have changed the rules again! Every time I turn around I am told something different. I have been unable to keep up with volunteering and working 2 jobs. Their hours don't fit with my schedule. I have been donating food and supplies to them. My trailer is too small for 7 cats. I need to make decisions. I had to "sneak my chickens" into one of my sheds. We are not allowed to have them here and my new hen house did not arrive until the snow hit. We got them moved out here just in time. We will move them when we can set up the house for them.

Status
    Default Sorry for the long MIA!!

Working at Walmart and McDonald's is getting stressful on me. I was without water at my trailer for 6 days. Unfortunately, the people inside the park and not on the main road have been without water longer and it is because someone may have got a water freeze and didn't say anything and broke water lines causing the 4 wells to lose pressure, have had no water for even longer. They think a pipe may have burst. My neighbor and I live on the main road and we at least got water trickling in the bathroom. I don't know if her water stopped or not because she never called or texted back.

Boyfriend has not been here since early last thursday morning. Yes, he is definitely on my "Poop List". I was plugging my barn heater up while I was home (I have it under the trailer by where the water comes in) and the space heater on my water heater. That is where the water comes into my Mobile Home and thankfully all my water lines are inside the trailer.

My common law father in law has his kidneys failing as well as his heart. I had to take him to the doctor where she told him that he might want to start thinking about and preparing himself for dialysis. He says he would rather be in the ground. He will be 84 in July, has diabetes, a double leg amputee, failing kidneys, and failing heart.

So as you can see there is alot of stress going on and I have left alot of it out for specific reasons. At least I am hoping that my youngest will finally have a job to help support her boys, instead of "Mom! the boys need this or that". Keep your fingers crossed.

Status

I made the last payment on my trailer on Saturday. Just have to pay back person who helped me with down payment. I will owe nobody anything for this trailer by the 2nd week of December.

My common law Father-in-Law passed away on Easter Sunday. I will leave out ALOT of details but I spent many hours dealing with police and coroner and never allowed to go into the house to see him. They said that they did want me to remember him that way. The hardest part of that day was my boyfriend (his younger son) was no where to be found and his older son lives in Tennessee.

Still working both jobs but getting harder to do with the lack of sleep.

A friend who is homeless has me taking care of his cat, Megaera. I spent hundreds of dollars on her before I would let him have her after she was born. She is beautiful.

Status

I now own my own Mobile home. I bought it last December 2020 and final payment was made November 2021. Not the path I was expecting but at least now I own my own home and just pay lot rent and gas & electric Bill. Also internet bill. Nice having extra money to blow on things I need/want/or for kids and grandkids.

I still have Megaera, but have not seen Shawn since shortly after I got her. She now has all her shots.

Status

I now own a reliable vehicle and have put the Cadillac to rest again, until I get around to getting her fixed up. I now own a 2006 Equinox LT.
    Starter went 12 days after I bought it. We did shopping in Janesville and then stopped at Badger Bobs, in the town of Richmond. After we ate, the truck would not start. The dealership came out and we got it going and had to drive back to Fort Atkinson. Fortunately they got a starter in, so we waited for it and went back home. We only paid $50. We got an 87.5% discount.

Still have Megaera, so I am guessing she is not going anywhere else. She has gained a healthy amount of weight. She is no longer skin and bones

I hope all of you had a great start to your New Year!
    Last edited by Raeja; 01-06-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Status

I no longer work at Walmart. It is a great relief. It was really wearing on me and dealing with some very nasty customers on a regular basis. I was also getting tired of being the only one opening and by myself for 2-3 hours and working a couple hours on my days off. I knew it was a long time coming and was already preparing. Bills are paid, freezer full of food and cupboards also loaded with food. I actually feel at peace right now and no stress or worries. It is a Great New Beginning.

Status

My life stress has just gone up! My "Hell Kitten" has moved in. She is trying to get off drugs, but it doesn't help because she is a drug user, they have taken her off of her meds for her mental disorders and seizure meds. Wisconsin Sucks! Our state has a thing that if addict is put on your medical or DOC records, any potential "habit forming meds or addictive meds" can not be prescribed to said person. Now I see why she wants to move to Florida after she if off probation. They have only been here about 4 or 5 days but 2 outbursts yesterday could have been prevented, had she been on her meds she had been getting since she was 15 or 16 years old before the drug problem. I am worried about the seizure meds since she never had any when she was growing up. Welcome to my world.

Had to go "rescue" a neighbor's work truck and then run to Elkhorn to pick him up from the sheriff's office. He got stopped for driving 80mph. I now know that he does not have a drivers license and that this is the second one he has gotten. He lucked out because he could have gotten a few other charges beside no driver license and speeding.

Status

It is really nice to say "I am semi-retired" at 59 yrs old. Sure I love having money and being to help out the kids when they are in a pinch and buying clothes that I like when I want and stuff for the grandkids, etc. My son has sold his house in Minnesota and moved to Chicago and makes more money than I could dream of. My Middle daughter got a job promotion in December, bought her a laptop for her job and now makes $52,000 a year (I thought when I hit $32,00 I was doing good). My youngest, my "Hell Kitten", is just that. She and her newest fling moved in right after he got out of jail (she met him in jail). They have been here about 2 weeks. Her newest "fling", Rad, started a job this morning. He will be making $19/hour and will be working 12 hour days. He will start on 1st to train and then to second. Rissa also got a job at the same McDonald's that I work at. She will be on 2nd shift and is a Manager in training. She is starting out at $13/hr and full time. She is making what a manager in training should be making, but I did not tell her that I make the same amount and as I claim "do what I want and make my own hours". I have tried to quit and been talked out of it, taken "extended breaks" from my job, offered to quit if there would be a conflict of interest if my daughter got hired and they won't accept it. Now there is a new General Manager and he is only 21. The assistant general manager is his little brother, only 18. I guess we shall see how this pans out.

Status

Semi retirement did not last long. I have been promoted to 3rd shift manager and have been for well over a month now at McDonalds. I just passed my state Food Manager Certification yesterday. I could not believe how easy it was and then I got thinking that this is probably not the same certification I use to have, because those certificates say Restaurant Manager certification.

As for my "hell kitten". She has had 3 boyfriends since she and Rad broke up. Her cousin was transitioning from Lilliana to Asher at age 13. He committed suicide about a month ago. Alot of my friends have been passing away. I have a funeral on Saturday and a Celebration of life on Sunday for another one. We had snow a few days ago and now today we have been in the mid 60's. Rumor has it we might see 80 on Saturday.
    Last edited by Raeja; 04-21-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast