Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Status
    Default The next phase of my life has begun

Sorry I am not doing quotes every day. I post the same quotes that are on my page that I and my friend post.

I now am back to working 2 full time jobs. I no longer live in a tent, but now in a motel. I made the decision to surrender 7 of my cats to a No Kill Rescue. My 2 calicos went to a member of my church who lives in the country. I will be volunteering to help at the cat rescue, so I will be able to see them. When I get to the place I want to be I can get what is left. At least they will be warm and well cared for. It was a hard decision, but I have to think of what is best for them, not what I want. I have been selfish too long and it was time to take care of them in their best interest.

Status
    Default WOW! What a wild ride this has been!

A friend told me that a mobile home by her was for rent. I figured I would call because it would be cheaper than a motel. I left the same message for 3 days. On the 4th day, they answered while I was leaving my usual message. I was told it was for sale, not rent. My heart dropped, I swallowed hard and asked how much. When they told me, I said "Oh? give me a day or two". I owned the trailer the next day, before snow started to fall. I became an owner on Dec. 1, 2020. It is not what the path I expected but the trailer is growing on me. I will make my final payment on the trailer the second week of May, plus whatever I still owe the one who lent me the money for the down payment.
    I do not have my cats. I can get 2 of them back, but they may have changed the rules again! Every time I turn around I am told something different. I have been unable to keep up with volunteering and working 2 jobs. Their hours don't fit with my schedule. I have been donating food and supplies to them. My trailer is too small for 7 cats. I need to make decisions. I had to "sneak my chickens" into one of my sheds. We are not allowed to have them here and my new hen house did not arrive until the snow hit. We got them moved out here just in time. We will move them when we can set up the house for them.

Status

Finally taking a "mini vacation" after umpteen billion years, Don and I went to Darlington, WI and stayed at the Darlington Inn. Had a cemetery cone designed by our florist, to put on Don's Mom and Step-dad's grave, Then we checked into the Hotel. Went to Subway for a late lunch/early supper. Then off to town. We had wanted to have lunch at Mikes Pub and Grill but he had retired and closed it May 30, 2019. Decided to go to Salathes Bar, but it was closed. Booby's was also closed, so we decided to call The Spot before we walked 3 more blocks.. They were open, so we walked 2 blocks back and got the truck. Parked right by the bar. The bar tender looked familiar. Started to tell him how we were planning to eat at Mikes, but those plans got changed. Ended up, the bartender was Mike. So we didn't get to eat his food but we got to drink beer with him. Had a great time. Was looking forward to getting in the hot tub at the motel, but still have not made it. Check out time is before 11am. Tub opens at 9:30. Not sure if I will take a dunk or not. Free breakfast was not that exciting. We will go have a real breakfast at The Darlington Family Restaurant. It is right across the street from The Spot

Status

My daughter was constantly calling me yesterday morning from midnight until after 6am while she was in labor and delivery. She was in labor starting at 9pm with contractions between 2 and 7 minutes apart. They finally decided to give her an IV around 3 because she was not dilating. She did finally dilate to 4 cm but they decided to send her home around 6am. She was out cold when I stopped by at 8am to pick up some stuff she had for my granddaughter, Emma. I guess we shall see what happens in the next few days.

Status

Don is miserable and not really eating, but can't blame him with how large his lower lip is. We went to the UW-Hospital and clinics on Tuesday morning shortly after I got off work. Thank Goodness for google maps. We lucked out and got a handicap parking spot in the parking garage, right across the way from the main entrance. Loved it. Doctor looked at his lip and tried to explain the two surgical options that might be done. They took a picture from front and side so it could be discussed with the medical doctors team. Things are moving quickly. We were told we would be contacted within 7-10 days as to the appointment. His lip is considered a level 2 meaning needs to be done within 1-4 weeks. They called yesterday and gave the option of Nov 7 or Dec 18. Don took the Nov 7. We won't know the time of the surgery until the day before. He has a phone meeting today as to the procedure and what needs to be done. I have to make a pre-op appointment with his primary doctor. The cancer has affected 3 of his lymph nodes and they will also have to be removed. Radiation is likely but we will not jump on that right away if it comes to that. We will wait to be sure everything is gone or not first.

Stopped by his cousin Tami and her husband yesterday morning to drop off a Old Style sign that we have been meaning to give Ron. Tami's cancer is going to take her out this time. She is on oxygen, has a hospital bed in the living room and is not much more than a skeleton now. IT is so sad to see her this way and I pray, this does not happen to Don. Different types of cancer but Cancer is Cancer.

Status

Sorry I have been slacking. Don is doing better. He can't open the right side of his mouth and the left side is getting better. His bottom lip goes inward. He can not eat Sandwiches on a bun. He smashes down his sandwiches to try to eat, but still has to cut them in smaller pieces. He has been eating stuff other than soup, personally I was happy with the soups and stews. His birthday was February 8. He grilled brats, smoke sausages, and a few hamburger patties. A few of his friends brought him 30 packs of Pabst. One friend brought a 12 pack of pabst. I have been working 2 days a week at the Whitewater McD, then off for 3 days and then back to Fort. I wish someone besides me would do a good job on the fryers. I have them they way they should be by Saturday and then off to Whitewater and then myu 2 days off and back to square one. My daughter and her baby moved in with a guy who has kids the same age as her boys. Hope it works out, she's not talking to me because I called her out and she changed the subject to create an argument I would have no part of. She will be talking to me again, when she needs something. She called Don and told him that they would stop around 4 or 5 to pick up the car seat, johnny jumper, and baby walker that I bought. Of course she knew I would be in bed sleeping because I worked the night before. No loss on my part.

Status
    Default Sorry for the long MIA!!

Working at Walmart and McDonald's is getting stressful on me. I was without water at my trailer for 6 days. Unfortunately, the people inside the park and not on the main road have been without water longer and it is because someone may have got a water freeze and didn't say anything and broke water lines causing the 4 wells to lose pressure, have had no water for even longer. They think a pipe may have burst. My neighbor and I live on the main road and we at least got water trickling in the bathroom. I don't know if her water stopped or not because she never called or texted back.

Boyfriend has not been here since early last thursday morning. Yes, he is definitely on my "Poop List". I was plugging my barn heater up while I was home (I have it under the trailer by where the water comes in) and the space heater on my water heater. That is where the water comes into my Mobile Home and thankfully all my water lines are inside the trailer.

My common law father in law has his kidneys failing as well as his heart. I had to take him to the doctor where she told him that he might want to start thinking about and preparing himself for dialysis. He says he would rather be in the ground. He will be 84 in July, has diabetes, a double leg amputee, failing kidneys, and failing heart.

So as you can see there is alot of stress going on and I have left alot of it out for specific reasons. At least I am hoping that my youngest will finally have a job to help support her boys, instead of "Mom! the boys need this or that". Keep your fingers crossed.

Status

Avery sold his dad's trailer to my neighbor on the other side. End of another era. Had a week vacation from McDonald's the last week of October. Did a few things around the house and the sheds. Brought both snow blowers to the trailer (good thing, might be needing them soon). I had a ton of things I wanted to get done but that did not happen because everything was so time consuming. My youngest gets out of jail in a couple of days. She gave a dude a ride home and he started creeping her out. She wanted to stop at Kwik trip for a drink. He grabbed the wheel and yanked her back on the road. Made her take a drink if his Gatorade. She remembers dropping him off at home and the next thing she remembered was waking up in jail at 3am. The S.O.B. tried to drug her with a date rape drug. I can't remember exactly what was on the toxicology report. She was lucky she only rear-ended a car at a stop light. It could have been alot worse. She was on probation and got lucky because the drug in her system is not her "drug of choice". She has been doing good to stay away from it. Fingers crossed.

Status

My middle daughter had foot surgery today. They removed a large cyst from between 2 tendons and "squeezed the tendons back together. That means I am on baby birthing duties if my younger one has her baby. We are on the final days. If baby is not born by Aug. 10, baby will be getting an "eviction notice".

Status

Don is having such a hard time eating anything now. The black stuff on his lip is constantly falling off.

I decided to try to make a "Leftover soup". I took a bunch of stuff out of the freezer and cut it in small pieces ~ (all leftovers) Roast Beef, cooked potatoes and carrots that I froze, and beef base. I also added leftover pork base, what was left in my box of chicken broth, chopped onion and celery, and the Double Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper. Smells good and has a good taste. I guess we shall see if this is something he can eat. Stuff is cut so small that there is almost no chewing involved. Fingers crossed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast