Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

Status

Default One Way To Get More Coupons From Manufacturers

For those who are new to couponing, here is a method that will often get you more coupons from your favorite brands. And some of them will even send you coupons for FREE product.

If you like a product, let the manufacturer know. Their websites will have a "Contact Us" link. Use this! And don't just say "I love your (insert product name here). Be effusive in your comments!

Example, comments to Glade:
    Hello, I'm just writing to tell you how much I love your Relaxing Moments candles. I tried the new ones after seeing a review on viewpoints.com and I couldn't be more pleased. I love candles, but I'm often disappointed because the scent is only noticeable when you're near it and/or is heavy and overpowering. Glade candles spread the scent throughout the whole room and have delightful gentle scent, and I will DEFINITELY recommend them to my friends! Thank you for making such great products, and keep up the good work!
    Response from Glade:
    I'm delighted to hear you love Glade?® Candles Relaxing Moments?„? Collection.

Because you love this product, I've taken the liberty of mailing a special coupon booklet featuring some of our newer products to your home address. I hope you enjoy the ones you try.

Have a great day.

Stephanie

Consumer Relationship Center
    SC Johnson, A Family Company
    Toll Free Number: 1-800-558-5252
    I don't know yet exactly what they're sending, I haven't received them yet, BUT they ARE sending something!

Another company I wrote to recently, I don't have the exact details, was State Fair Corndogs, a division of Sara Lee. I told them how much my granddaughter loved their corndogs and that she'd eat them for every meal if we let her, etc, etc. In response they sent me a coupon for any State Fair Corndogs free, up to $5, $.55 off any State Fair Corndogs & $.50 off any Sara Lee Product.

You should also contact companies whose product has disappointed you. Don't scream, just them know what was wrong with the product and how disappointed you are that it didn't live up to the standards set by their other products.

An example would be, mmmmmm lets say that you were disappointed in the performance of the Glade Relaxing Moments mentioned in my communique above. You might write:

I have been using your Glade room sprays and the Sense & Spray and have been quite pleased with them so, when I saw your Relaxing Moments candles at CVS, I thought the description of the Island Escape scent on the candle's package sounded intriguing and purchased one. I am sorry to say that it did not measure up to your usual standards. The scent was cloying and, thank goodness, didn't go very far from the candle. Perhaps this was just a bad batch but, if not, you may want to make some changes in this scent.

Sincerely,
    (Your Name Here)

Don't be disappointed if you don't receive a reply to your message. Not all companies will respond or send you anything and some will just sent you coupons with a thank you note for using their product or coupons with an apology that their product didn't quite live up to your expectations.

I hope you will find this helpful. If anyone has any additional hints, please post them in a reply to this message.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Novice

Status

Ryan's Mom - I applaud your suggestion!

The times I've actually thought about contacting the manufacturer of a product have ALWAYS resulted in coupons or free merchandise. I can say ALWAYS because I haven't thought about it too many times.
    If you have the few extra minutes to spare, the effort's bound to be rewarding!

The Holy Master

Status

Yep, I do this occasionally, with great results many times. The only reason I don't do it more is because I don't have the time.

If you do have the time, I would suggest keeping a log of your communication and results. I can tell you for sure that they do. This will help you to know which ones are worth contacting and also remind you how long ago you contacted a particular company. You def don't want to overdo it!

Also, you can just contact companies asking if they have some coupons they can send. You don't always have to have a good or bad review of the product. It can be just because you would like to try it.

I personally like to call their toll free numbers that are often on the product packages. Most of the time, you will know your results right away!

Teacher

Status

It works really well. Here is what i got today in my e-mails:
    Hello MRS. LOIS JONES,

Thank you for writing us regarding Breyers Ice Cream.

Our corporate goal is 'meeting the everyday needs of people everywhere'. It is truly rewarding when our consumers feel strongly about our brands and take the time to communicate with us directly.

We will be sending you a token of our appreciation via US Postal mail.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Breyers

Teacher

Status

If you haven't gotten started contacting manufacturers do so now!!! Here is what I got today:

Dear Mrs. Jones,

Thank you for your email concerning our Hunt's?® Ketchup. It is great to hear
    how much you and your son love our Ketchup.

Your comments are extremely valuable, and they help us make the food you love
    even better.

We will also be sending you coupons via regular mail that are valid for nine
    months. Please allow 1-2 weeks for receipt.

Thanks again for your feedback. We're listening!

Sincerely,
    Gina
    Consumer Affairs
    Start e-mailing!!!

Learner

Status

thanks for the post...

Learner

Status

Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of this.

Learner

Status

thanks very much

Learner

Status

cool,great idea.thanks for sharing.kiss you.

Teacher

Status

Small Recommendation:

Look at the other post here for Manufacturers Contact Info. Take one manufacturer each day and send them a note. It may take some time to go through the whole list, but that way you are contacting them and you have a good chance of getting some goodies (free coupons or even samples).

I printed off the list and when I contacted the company I crossed them off it. It was easy and fast and I have received a lot and it was only one a day so no real big time commitment. Use a form type letter like Doris used in the first post above and fill in the company info each time. Easy!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast