For those who are new to couponing, here is a method that will often get you more coupons from your favorite brands. And some of them will even send you coupons for FREE product.

If you like a product, let the manufacturer know. Their websites will have a "Contact Us" link. Use this! And don't just say "I love your (insert product name here). Be effusive in your comments!

Example, comments to Glade:
Hello, I'm just writing to tell you how much I love your Relaxing Moments candles. I tried the new ones after seeing a review on viewpoints.com and I couldn't be more pleased. I love candles, but I'm often disappointed because the scent is only noticeable when you're near it and/or is heavy and overpowering. Glade candles spread the scent throughout the whole room and have delightful gentle scent, and I will DEFINITELY recommend them to my friends! Thank you for making such great products, and keep up the good work!
Response from Glade:
I'm delighted to hear you love Glade?® Candles Relaxing Moments?„? Collection.

Because you love this product, I've taken the liberty of mailing a special coupon booklet featuring some of our newer products to your home address. I hope you enjoy the ones you try.

Have a great day.

Stephanie

Consumer Relationship Center
SC Johnson, A Family Company
Toll Free Number: 1-800-558-5252
I don't know yet exactly what they're sending, I haven't received them yet, BUT they ARE sending something!

Another company I wrote to recently, I don't have the exact details, was State Fair Corndogs, a division of Sara Lee. I told them how much my granddaughter loved their corndogs and that she'd eat them for every meal if we let her, etc, etc. In response they sent me a coupon for any State Fair Corndogs free, up to $5, $.55 off any State Fair Corndogs & $.50 off any Sara Lee Product.

You should also contact companies whose product has disappointed you. Don't scream, just them know what was wrong with the product and how disappointed you are that it didn't live up to the standards set by their other products.

An example would be, mmmmmm lets say that you were disappointed in the performance of the Glade Relaxing Moments mentioned in my communique above. You might write:

I have been using your Glade room sprays and the Sense & Spray and have been quite pleased with them so, when I saw your Relaxing Moments candles at CVS, I thought the description of the Island Escape scent on the candle's package sounded intriguing and purchased one. I am sorry to say that it did not measure up to your usual standards. The scent was cloying and, thank goodness, didn't go very far from the candle. Perhaps this was just a bad batch but, if not, you may want to make some changes in this scent.

Sincerely,
(Your Name Here)

Don't be disappointed if you don't receive a reply to your message. Not all companies will respond or send you anything and some will just sent you coupons with a thank you note for using their product or coupons with an apology that their product didn't quite live up to your expectations.

I hope you will find this helpful. If anyone has any additional hints, please post them in a reply to this message.