Close

Novice

Status
    Default Free Disaster Preparedness Activity Book for kids (avail in 6 langs)

"Prepare with Pedro" is a kid's activity book created by the American Red Cross and distributed by FEMA. The book summary "This resource is designed to teach young children and their families how to stay safe during disasters and emergencies through fun activities such as crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, and more! Follow Pedro the Penguin around the United States as he shares safety advice for disasters."

Available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese for download here

https://www.ready.gov/kids/prepare-pedro

or as free hardcopy mailed to your address, order here

https://orders.gpo.gov/icpd/ICPD

Novice

Status

Today I got the game "Ready 2 Help" -- which you can also download from this ready.gov website or order from FEMA at Ready 2 Help Game and Order Form . The cards are high-quality and look like a store-bought kids' card game. It says "Ages 8 and up", but I haven't yet had the opportunity to try them out on anyone. Because it's an actual game, I think the advice on these cards (e.g. "take a deep breath") might actually stick if the kids enjoy the game.