Close

Learner

Status
    Default CASHBACK charge in store - cvs got me for 20$

I was at CVS and the self checkout machine said it offered cash back, and charged me for purchase 2$ dollar licorice plus 20 dollars for the cash back was charged to my card. After the employee said that one doesnt have cash back and I noticed it had no slot for money even after. But it still charged me for the cash back!

Employee said money will come back but I don't see it. Probably capping right. ? or what just happened lol

Status

Do you still have your receipt? Sounds like the employee was giving you a line of crap. You should have gone directly to customer service. Definitely contact your bank about the situation. See what else they advise you to do. Self check out machines do not reverse money back to your card. It has to be manually done.

Learner

Status

I know, I'm stupid. I hit no receipt. Employee told me to check my balance and that... pretty much he was saying i wasn't charged. When I showed it, he said you'll get the money back. Lol if a machine doesn't have cash how is it gonna charge me for it. I am just... i don't even care about the 20 bucks.

Ill update here if it actually does come, ill be amazed.

Learner

Status

You're right im sure. I wish this was with my actual bank and not cash app card. but i guess ill dispute it and see what they do. I doubt ill get this 20$ back regardless xd

Status

Good Luck! If you don't get it back,. at least will will be a trend setter to prove that self check outs suck and help others in the future. As long as you have your receipt, that is always a bonus. That is why I always get a receipt, even if it is a cash payment I also use my receipts to get earn cash back in the form of gift cards. I save anyway i can
    Last edited by Raeja; 12-02-2022 at 12:48 PM.