Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SandySue210 View Post
    Yay!!! I'd be glad to start it! That was just a quick suggestion off the top of my head when I said (once every two weeks, we mail whatever to whomever), so I'm more than willing to take suggestions, etc. I don't mind doing this how ever often we can agree upon. I guess all that's required of everyone is that you send me a self-addressed large stamped envelope with the list of wanted items that I'll keep a master list of... Let me hear from you that are truly interested. I've seen a couple of sites where you can BUY coupons?? Is that even legal?? I think that's awful. With the price of a stamp, we can make everyone happier @ the supermarket or CVS, etc. I don't mind being the only one in charge of doing this, as long and as often you send me your envelopes, I'll stuff 'em! I even have quite a few coupons for a free cup of coffee that a lot of HESS gas stations honor, but I don't go to HESS. I'll enclose them, too, to anybody that wants them. Okay, now, who's got babies and needs diapers, etc>?? SandySue in New York.
    Hmmmm....I've never done it that way. Wouldn't it be hard to know how much postage?

Have you ever done it like this? First person puts all the coupons they don't need in an envelope and sends it to the next person. That person takes out what they want and puts in at least as many as they took out or more. They send it to the next person who does the same, etc.

We would send each other our address by pm. Each person tries to send it on within a few days. You would generally need to use a smaller manilla envelope(the regular ones tear up too easily in the mail)

I started about 15 coupon trains on another site and that worked out well.

Let me know what you think....

also, who else wants to join?
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Learner

Status

Sure, that's fine with me, too. I'd even be willing to do both. I keep seeing your ISO lists! I have those coupons!! One thing I have to learn is.. how to use this forum! I have to learn how to send & receive PM's, etc. I'll start studying today, while we're waiting for people that are truly interested in signing up to contact me. Last night, sent boyfriend to Waldbaum's, spent over budget of course, and don't usually shop there too much, but I'm having a hard time finding supermarkets that carry frozen Indian Food entrees, and I know they do, so sent him there. Usually go to ShopRite (that's his new favorite store). And my animals are eating me out of house and home (3 fussy cats and a dog). So, with your coupon train idea, what then is the point of everyone putting out their ISO lists, if we're just sending out the coupons that we don't need to the next name on our list??? And how do you know that they're not taking LOTS of coupons and not really contributing too much?? Just by trust?? Okay, people, sign in! SandySue.

The Holy Master

Status

Sure, that's fine with me, too. I'd even be willing to do both. I keep seeing your ISO lists! I have those coupons!! One thing I have to learn is.. how to use this forum! I have to learn how to send & receive PM's, etc. I'll start studying today, while we're waiting for people that are truly interested in signing up to contact me. Last night, sent boyfriend to Waldbaum's, spent over budget of course, and don't usually shop there too much, but I'm having a hard time finding supermarkets that carry frozen Indian Food entrees, and I know they do, so sent him there. Usually go to ShopRite (that's his new favorite store). And my animals are eating me out of house and home (3 fussy cats and a dog). So, with your coupon train idea, what then is the point of everyone putting out their ISO lists, if we're just sending out the coupons that we don't need to the next name on our list??? And how do you know that they're not taking LOTS of coupons and not really contributing too much?? Just by trust?? Okay, people, sign in! SandySue.
    What is an ISO list?

I'll send you a pm with my info now...

Yep, we would just have to work on trust. I don't think there would be any problems with the people that would join---me, jammom, Ryan's Mom, and maybe Minister's Wife.
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

The Holy Master

Status

Anyone that wants to join---please send a pm to SandySue210 with your address so that she can make a master list and determine the best order for us to go in.

Guru

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rebate queen View Post
    What is an ISO list?

I'll send you a pm with my info now...

Yep, we would just have to work on trust. I don't think there would be any problems with the people that would join---me, jammom, Ryan's Mom, and maybe Minister's Wife.
    ISO stands for "In Search Of". It's for posting the coupons you need. I think the best way to do the coupon train is yours. Everyone just needs to be really diligent and send the coupon envelope to the next person ASAP. ISO lists might not be a bad thing either. That way, if you spot something on a tear pad or a blinkie that you know someone needs, you can grab a couple and put them in the envelope when you get it. I'd even be willing to print the occasional high value coupon that's online for someone that can really use it like the $5 or so baby formula coupons that show up once in a while. That's when an ISO list would be nice. We'll all have to check the envelope when we get it and remove expired coupons otherwise it gets unmanageable. Maybe you and SandySue210 could put your heads together and make a list of Coupon Train how-tos? That way if anyone needs some guidance they can check it before PMing you. What do you all think?
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Learner

Status

Where are my messages??? And who should I send my info to?? Is it just name and address and coupons we use?? Not our e-mails?? SandySue.

The Holy Master

Status

Where are my messages??? And who should I send my info to?? Is it just name and address and coupons we use?? Not our e-mails?? SandySue.
    Up at the top of the page there is a place that says notifications--just click on it.

I've had some major changes in my life in the last couple of days and don't think I will be able to participate. I may even have to step down as a moderator . See if you got any other responses besides mine and we'll go from there....

Learner

Status

Okay Dawn, I got your PM. So far, no one else has sent me theirs. Are you still gonna be in it, Dawn?? Somebody, send me your ISO list with your name and address, so we can finally get this going!! Also, once this takes off, let's say there are 7 coupons for the same item, and you use that product - please don't take all 7, maybe 5, and if no one else uses that product, it'll come back around to you (in more ways than one!!). SandySue.

The Holy Master

Status

Okay Dawn, I got your PM. So far, no one else has sent me theirs. Are you still gonna be in it, Dawn?? Somebody, send me your ISO list with your name and address, so we can finally get this going!! Also, once this takes off, let's say there are 7 coupons for the same item, and you use that product - please don't take all 7, maybe 5, and if no one else uses that product, it'll come back around to you (in more ways than one!!). SandySue.
    I'm not sure...hate to sound wishwashy but I've had a lot of major changes in my life recently and I just don't know...Let's see if anyone else is gonna do this first....

LAST CALL--please reply if you want to participate in the coupon train!!!

Beginner

Status

I'd Like to try this. I've never done it before...so let me know what I need to do. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast