Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Holy Master

Status

Thanks everyone for all your kind words!!

Deb and I talked last night and it looks like I may be stayin'!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Apprentice

Status

Awesome!!!

The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysteeler View Post
    Awesome!!!
    thanks for your support!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rebate queen View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words!!

Deb and I talked last night and it looks like I may be stayin'!
    I begged & pleaded-LOL !
    No,for real-bein a Mod is HARD & demanding work & sometimes can be consuming.
    Dawn has worked really hard & sometimes we all need to step back a bit.
    Thanx for all you do & continue to do-
    Love,
    Me
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Novice

Status

I hope you are staying.

The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I hope you are staying.
    Thanks, I hope so too!

Novice

Status

Whew, I just read this and I was sad because I thought I didn't get to say goodbye and thanks for everything you've done; so I'm happy you're staying too.

I know too how overwhelming things can get and we do need to step back and take a break for a while or get help from others. It's nice to know others understand what we're going through and sometimes all it takes is talking to other people.

I needed a 'leave of absence' when my grandfather was ill and dying and unfortunatley the group I was with (not a group like this), didn't understand that and said I had to be available in the full capacity a member was required to be (even though I had been a member for years and they knew me and knew the situation, so I ended up having to resign. Well, grandpa passed about a month later. Now here I am. Guess they don't have family members.

I hope everything works out and you're around for a long time!!!

Apprentice

Status

I just read this and was sad to see that you were going to leave. I know how hard it is to be a moderator when others have been absent and you feel like you need to carry the ball and still juggle your own life no matter how hecktic it is. I have always appreciated all that you do, and the other mods too! It is a thankless job and you can feel very underappreciated at times. I hope you continue to stay, I'd miss you.

The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by aburgstede View Post
    Whew, I just read this and I was sad because I thought I didn't get to say goodbye and thanks for everything you've done; so I'm happy you're staying too.

I know too how overwhelming things can get and we do need to step back and take a break for a while or get help from others. It's nice to know others understand what we're going through and sometimes all it takes is talking to other people.

I needed a 'leave of absence' when my grandfather was ill and dying and unfortunatley the group I was with (not a group like this), didn't understand that and said I had to be available in the full capacity a member was required to be (even though I had been a member for years and they knew me and knew the situation, so I ended up having to resign. Well, grandpa passed about a month later. Now here I am. Guess they don't have family members.

I hope everything works out and you're around for a long time!!!
    Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry for what you went through. Those people sound really heartless. You all are a great group of people here and I'm glad that things worked out so that I could stay!

Quote Originally Posted by we3kings View Post
    I just read this and was sad to see that you were going to leave. I know how hard it is to be a moderator when others have been absent and you feel like you need to carry the ball and still juggle your own life no matter how hecktic it is. I have always appreciated all that you do, and the other mods too! It is a thankless job and you can feel very underappreciated at times. I hope you continue to stay, I'd miss you.
    Thanks for your understanding and kind words. I love this forum and would miss you all a bunch if I left. I was under a lot of pressure, but things are better now. Hugs!

Guru

Status

Bless you, bless you, bless you! I don't know what we'd do without you. I'm always heading out to the hinterlands and that would leave only Deb when I'm gone. In fact, I should be putting my clothes in the car right now but, as you can see, I'm an Absolute addict!
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast