Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

Status

Default Off To The Hinterlands Again!

My SIL is having eye surgery tomorrow, so we're going up to stay with her until she's able to drive again. As most of you know, there is no internet connection up there so I'll be incommunicado for a few days. Computer withdrawal!! Maybe I can pop into town and use the computers at the library? I should be back by Saturday. Everyone behave until I get back! LOL!!
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

The Holy Master

Status

Have a safe trip and hurry back!!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Guru

Status

I'm off again. My SIL is having her other eye done. They're removing her cataracts. I should be back by Friday.

Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Have a safe trip-you're an angel & I'm sure she appreciates you !
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

The Holy Master

Status

See you soon! Be careful out there on the road!!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Teacher

Status

Hope all goes well with the surgery. Have a safe trip!!

Guru

Status

I'm baaaack! Everything went superbly! My SIL had 20/400 vision before the surgeries and when the Dr. did her post-surgery check for her second surgery on Wednesday she was 20/30 in both eyes! Your vision continues to improve for up to 6 weeks after surgery so she may go all the way to 20/20! She has worn glasses since she was 22 mos, so you can imagine how over the moon she is.

The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan's Mom View Post
    I'm baaaack! Everything went superbly! My SIL had 20/400 vision before the surgeries and when the Dr. did her post-surgery check for her second surgery on Wednesday she was 20/30 in both eyes! Your vision continues to improve for up to 6 weeks after surgery so she may go all the way to 20/20! She has worn glasses since she was 22 mos, so you can imagine how over the moon she is.
    Welcome back and YAY for your sister!!

Guru

Status

Off again! We'll be leaving Tuesday morning. They're having a big annual Senior Citizens Dinner at Camp Perry honoring the REALLY senior citizens. My MIL goes every year and as many of the family as can make it go. Thursday my SIL is going for a short visit with her youngest son and his family and we're going to house/dog sit for her. She's got two BIG rottweilers and they're difficult to board. When she's done it before Amy, the female, stopped eating, but when we've watched them she does okay. I think it's the foreign environment and being with strangers that upsets her. We'll probably be back on Monday, 11/15, or Tuesday at the latest. Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm gone! That leave you a LOT of leeway!! LOL!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

As always-have a safe trip & a great time-don't do anything WE wouldn't do-LOL !
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast