Close

Teacher

Status

Wink A Weird Thing Happened At the Grocery Store!!!

I had to tell you guys this. I'm still not sure how to take it, other than, well it was weird!!!

I'm walking through one of our local grocery stores and stopped to look for a coupon in my coupon box I take a long with me. A woman came along beside me and stopped. I really didn't think much, just assumed she was looking for a certain item. But when I looked towards her she was looking at my coupon box. Then she looked at me. Both were kind of lingering looks. I smiled at her and then she took off sort of fast. As she took off I heard her say, and this is a quote, "Coupon whore!"

To say the least I was speechless. How do you respond to that??? It was really strange. Rick (my husband) said that it says more about her than anything, and I agree. But it still just sat wrong with me, not bad wrong, just weird wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my weird couponing experience with you!!

Guru

Status

She was either jealous, or just some rich bitch!

BTW, my reply to rude remarks is usually a very polite & puzzled "Excuse me?" with a raised eyebrow.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

The Holy Master

Status

That is weird!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Novice

Status

LOL, I never heard of that one. I think I would of called her the "B" word right back at her.

Apprentice

Status

Oh boy, that would have miffed me off. I'm not exactly sure what some peoples problems are with others using coupons. I would have told her either your free to pay my bill, or mind your own business.

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Ya know-isn't it funny how some ppl feel the need to express their opinion-I dunno how I would've reacted.If I was tired or having a bad day-who knows.I agree w/ Dolores-jealous & who knows,just too dumb to use coupons-LMAO !
    This isn't about coupons,but 1 day when my son Alex (autistic) was 2,I had to go to the grocery store,which I really tried to avoid cause at that time he was having major sensory issues & the meltdowns that he could have...Anyways he usually didn't want to go to the store,but on this day he didn't want to LEAVE,so I picked him up & threw him over my shoulder-him kicking & screaming & hitting the whole while.This lady says to me "If that was my kid I'd make him behave & probably swat his butt." I said "I'm sorry he's autistic & sometimes things bother him more than other ppl."She says "Oh poor you,he's retarded." I looked at her & said "Retarded? No you are" & walked away.I had been up all nite working in ICU & thought oh good that was real mature,but I still grin when I think of that.
    Coupon whore? I would say you're in good company cause she prob woulda called me that-LOL
    Sergei is our pimp?
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Novice

Status

OK LMAO!! Certainly an odd thing to comment!!
    I've gotten my share of comments... the last one, as I was going thru my coupon mini folder organizer, was "Let me guess.... your mom collected coupons?" It was a sweet oldish lady and I laughed, confirmed, and shared a few coupon stories with her... but I digress...
    The action of her taking off kind of fast and no meaningful eye contact with you and the lovely term 'whore'... HMMMM I have to think she had a bad coupon memory...maybe her ex-boyfriend brags about his new money saving chick? Just a thought

Teacher

Status

I'm sitting here chuckling at some of the comments. I'm still, as my Mom would say, perflumixed over it. With some after thought I do remember her looking quite well to do and well she seemed in a hurry. I saw her around the store after that always avoiding my direction. Maybe she got stuck behind a couponer in the check out lane one time and it took too long for her. I always try to warn people behind me that I have a lot of coupons when I put my stuff on the belt. But maybe the person she was behind didn't.

Course I also think she was just really jealous cause she saw a few of the free coupons I had and she didn't!!! LOL!!!

Either way, it's sad how some people act in public and make rash and harsh judgments.

Novice

Status

Ack - ya the people that sometimes get bitter behind you in line... my BF is in constant fear of THAT (lol) - but hey, like you, Minister's Wife, I pay attention and totally let people go ahead of me if I know I have coups that will take up others' time. I love it, however, when there's an astounded person behind me that starts raving about my savings! Usually only the person ringing me up is like WOW. lol
    Minister's Wife, I concur with "Either way, it's sad how some people act in public and make rash and harsh judgments." but, I still say the jury's out on this disgruntled chick. Obvs, avoiding you after the fact, she was maybe thinking "OMG I can't believe I said WHORE" lol. On the bright side, if she had recently defected from the UK, or watched too much Euro TV (or Deadwood reruns), she might have called you a coupon CUNT - that really would have thrown you! teeheehee

great weird story MW ;D