Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Novice

Status

I am so glad to hear that he is improving. I will keep the prayer chain going. Take care, and know that alot of people are pulling for your family.

Apprentice

Status

I'm so glad to hear that he is improving. I hope that you can sleep in your own bed soon also. {hugs}

Guru

Status

Bill has been moved out of the ICU! He's in surgical unit. Still undergoing dialysis but the doctor thinks his kidneys may start working again eventually. They're going to send him for inpatient PT/OT but we don't know when yet. The surgeon says he doesn't think his forearm and hand will ever be functional. He recommends amputation and a prosthesis. Bill doesn't have to make a decision any time soon. He can take years if he wants. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

The Holy Master

Status

I'm sorry to hear about his arm and hand, but am praying that the other issues continue to improve.
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Guru

Status

Bill got out of the hospital late Friday afternoon and relapsed and was back in about 18 hours later. He was very weak and disoriented. He seemed to be suffering from aphasia. He seemed to know what he wanted to say, but couldn't get the right words to come out. Most of what he said was gibberish. He is back on the respirator after becoming cyanotic after he got to Licking Memorial Hospital. He was then transferred to Grant which I consider the best hospital in the area. Today they brought him up from sedation for a while and he wrote the answers to the nurse's questions. He knew everything but where he was, he thought he was at Licking Memorial, but that was understandable, they transported him after he had been intubated and sedated. When they told him where he was he wrote that that was good, they saved his mother's life. (I had brain surgery there in 2004 because of a subdural hematoma, a brain bleed, while on coumadin and they did a miraculous job.) If all goes well, he'll get off the respirator some time tomorrow. I think he got out of the hospital too early. He was complaining and begging to be discharged. This time he'd better stay until they literally throw him out!
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

The Holy Master

Status

Still thinking of you and praying!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

I posted to you on FB-sorry he got readmitted !
    Keepin you guys in my prayers daily...
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Apprentice

Status

I'm sorry he was re-admitted. I hope that they can help him, and that someone makes sure he is not released too soon this time. Prayers said for him and your family.

Guru

Status

Bill was released from the hospital yesterday evening. We have the majority of his belongings moved to my daughter, Valerie's, house where he will be recuperating. He is still on dialysis and has no use of his left wrist and hand, but he is eating well and his kidneys should recover in time. He has lost a good deal of weight. I told him I don't think that's the best way to diet! Thank you to everyone who is including him in their prayers. You have helped him pull through!

We will still be staying here for another few days to make sure everything stays going well, then return home. Still longing for my own bed! LOL!

Guru

Status

I'm home! Bill is gaining strength. Looks like no more relapses. He has a long road ahead of him. Losing the use of his forearm and hand has been, understandably, really hard on him, but at least the doctor is very optimistic, they never say 100% sure, that his kidneys will recover so it should just be a matter of time. Again, thanks to everyone who included him in their prayers. He's sure that all of the prayers that included him helped him pull through.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast