Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

Status

Default Totally Stressed - Hope To Be Here Regularly Soon

Sorry not to be here lately. Life has been crazy and really sucks. My MIL has deteriorated greatly, both mentally and physically. She had to be fed and was hallucinating and today she wouldn't wake up. We're going right back up there in the morning. I don't think she has much longer.

My son is having his arm amputated on Thursday and although he decided that was the best course of action, he's still very stressed. I need to go to Columbus on Wednesday to be there for the operation. I'm afraid that everything is going to happen at once and I can only be in one place at a time!

I will try to be better at keeping you updated.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

The Holy Master

Status

Oh my! Just take care of your family Dolores! ...and yourself!! I'm sending prayers
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Guru

Status

Thanks Dawn. I'm trying.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

I'm so sorry life has sucked lately-you & yours are always in my prayers & I hope all things turn out for the best.
    & as Dawn said & I always try to tell ya-DON'T WORRY-family first...the rest is piddly...
    Glad to hear from ya...
    Happy New Year !!!
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Apprentice

Status

That sounds like a lot to handle all at once, your in my prayers. Take care of yourself too. Try and have a Happy New Year!

Guru

Status

Thanks to everyone who thought of us during this trying time. My son's surgery went well. There were no complications, thank God. He'll be able to have a prosthesis fitted in 6-8 weeks. My husband wasn't with us, our son told him to stay with grandma and it was a good thing as she passed peacefully early yesterday afternoon. My husband and his sister were both with her holding her hands. We're not having a funeral as she wanted to be cremated. She'll be joining her husband's ashes in a double urn in a mausoleum. They wanted to do it that way so that they could be together for eternity in this life AND the next. We will be having a celebration of her life on Thursday. She had a long, adventurous and happy life with a husband who was with her for almost sixty-seven years and loved her to death every minute of it. What more could you ask for!

I'm at home right now. Came for more clothes for us. I'll be heading up to my SIL's tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend so you probably won't hear from me. As most of you know, I can't get internet access up there unless I go into town and tie into McDonald's wifi.

The Holy Master

Status

So much going on!! How do you find time to get on here at all?
    Still sending prayers!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Guru

Status

Thanks Dawn. Thought I'd sign in and let you all know I will be back. AND, I did manage to update the Sunday Coupon Inserts Preview!

Guru

Status

I'm baaaack! We came back early because the weather that was coming in. It wasn't bad when we started out, but the further south we got the worse it became. We had blowing snow with some small white outs most of the way home.

The memorial service went very well. The husband of a friend of my MIL sang at the service. He used to be with the Toledo Opera and his voice is just SO beautiful. We'll all miss her, but I think she's much happier now.

My son had a slight problem with his arm and had to miss the service. The doctor had to re-bandage him and he put Bill's arm in a cast to prevent him from moving his elbow. It has set his recovery back by about a week or two. Other than that, everything seems to be going well.

I'll be getting back to my regular routine in the next few days.

The Holy Master

Status

Welcome home! Thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast