Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Default My surgery went well (so far...)

Sorry I've been kinda out of it the last month-I woke up 1 day to a little pain in my back & thought I slept funny & went about my day.(including work)Still hurting the next day,but I thought this would pass eventually,but by the end of my work shift,I was almost in tears-went right to ER !
    My MRI showed 3 extruded disks (worse than herniated-NO fluid)-lost feeling in my L leg,lots of pain (I was literally crawling to the bathroom),& basically was dragging my leg.They wanted to do surgery almost right away cause they were afraid of permanent nerve damage to my leg,but we had to up my Prednisone (I take it daily) to keep my CPK level down (it's always elevated when I have any kind of inflammation)So-I had surgery yesterday-2 hrs-removed my L5 disk & my initial feelings are it was worth it.I have less numbness & more strength in my leg & am walking a bit better,but time will tell.The pain is tolerable (w/ the help of pain meds of course)Thanx to those of you that sent prayers my way-I def appreciated them & felt much more confident going into surgery.
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Administrator

Status

I glad that your surgery went well and wish you a quick recovery after it.

The Holy Master

Status

Hoping that you are pain free soon!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

I feel like I've been it by a truck today (sore as hell) but hangin in there.I'm like the Queen of Sheba w/ all my pillows on the couch-LOL
    Thanx for the prayers Dawn
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

OK-sorry for the departure-but I woke up Sun nite-sat straight up in bed-thought someone had stabbed me in leg...
    Anyways,since they like me,they made me stay,even tho I had no blood clot-turns out my sciatic nerve got herniated...
    The back is fine,now they messed up my leg...still limping,LOTS of pain (& I'm no baby) & a nice leg brace.Lots of meds too-not that I've been doing jumping jacks or anything,but they want me to stay still.Also-they think another disk herniated,but too early after surgery to tell (swelling)
    UGH...

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Back to surgery Mon 1/28...

The Holy Master

Status

What are they going to do?
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rebate queen View Post
    What are they going to do?
    fix the nerve-whether they have to repair(torn) or shorten (cause it's too stretched) or both,& see what the disks are doing...

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Up bright & early for surgery today...slept ok-not too worried-just tired of being in pain all day everyday.
    Did finally stop snowing tho...

The Holy Master

Status

How did it go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast