Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Issue

Extra-Guru

Status

Default Health Issue

Last week during a Heart Nuclear Stress Test they found an abnormality in one of my coronary arteries. Monday, I'm having a Cardiac Catheterization to determine what's wrong. It could be nothing or may lead to open heart surgery. I don't have a lot of luck with medical procedures, so if you don't see me around after Monday, win lots of stuff and I'll see you on the other side.

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

So sorry to hear that-I think of you daily but will send even more blessings your way.It COULD lead to open heart surgery,but lets not think that-it could be a stent,or alot of things can be corrected w/ meds. (I was a Cardiac Surgery RN ) I know what you mean-medically I don't do things half-assed or by the book either. Smiles & hugs to you-if your gonna stay,get us an addy so we can send cards !
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

The Holy Master

Status

Sending prayers for healing and the best possible outcome!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Thanx for the PMs-I just sent a friend req-LOVE your cover pic !!!
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Guru

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pumpkin View Post
    Last week during a Heart Nuclear Stress Test they found an abnormality in one of my coronary arteries. Monday, I'm having a Cardiac Catheterization to determine what's wrong. It could be nothing or may lead to open heart surgery. I don't have a lot of luck with medical procedures, so if you don't see me around after Monday, win lots of stuff and I'll see you on the other side.
    Everyone is praying for you so you should do well. Remember, a positive attitude really helps. Just decide that you'll be okay. It has worked for me, even with a subdural hematoma while on coumadin. Basically a brain bleed while on a blood thinner. Hang in there, between good thoughts and prayers, I'm betting on a full recovery.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

How are you today Peter ? I've been thinking about you !

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Hope you feel all the love & prayers from our members Peter-lots of outpourings on FB
    Best of Luck today-will be praying for a speedy recovery !

Extra-Guru

Status

Update: They found a 50% blockage in one artery and 60% in the other. They were considering stents and even open heart, but after conferring with the other doctors they agreed that due to my "hopefully" upcoming bariatric surgery that medication was the way to go. So they put me on Lipitor for now. Now just need to pass the EGD and psychological tests. Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. They really help.

The Holy Master

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pumpkin View Post
    Update: They found a 50% blockage in one artery and 60% in the other. They were considering stents and even open heart, but after conferring with the other doctors they agreed that due to my "hopefully" upcoming bariatric surgery that medication was the way to go. So they put me on Lipitor for now. Now just need to pass the EGD and psychological tests. Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. They really help.
    Glad you didn't have to have another surgery.

I have faith that you'll get through the stuff you need to so that you can have your procedure!
    We give little when we give of our possessions. It is when we give of ourselves that we can truly touch another person??™s life. [Anonymous]

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

YAY-I commented on our FB wall-so happy to hear this ! Hope you don't mind me posting for prayers on our FB wall,but with as nice as you are,the least we could do is send prayers .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast