Close

Novice

Status
    Default Television, Movies and Watching of Stuffs

I love to snuggle down and watch a good show or chunk of cinema almost as much as I do freebie hunting.
    Anyone caught any interesting movies lately or enthralled in an amazing TV show?
    We are getting re-wrapped up in Game of Thrones as it hits Season 3.
    We also just watched an interesting almost indy movie called The Brass Teapot. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935902/?ref_=sr_1

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Ya know,I really don't watch alot of TV-too many yrs of working overnights,I guess.Mostly rent or watch movies
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Learner

Status

Like watching TV. Enjoy competitions Like Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Chopped, Design Star. I know some of you might think they are reality shows, but they are competitions..................Also like "Haunted Collector" on SYFY................I'm just being a proud Mother.....................

Novice

Status

I used to watch Amazing Race consistently, but things got in the way, or passions for other shows.
    I have a soft spot for sci-fi related shows as well dramedys.
    I loves me some Castle.
    Also a couple of current faves in the house are Elementary and funnily enough Sherlock.
    Both have their own great take on the legendary character.
    A couple of comedy shows we peel our eyes open each week are Raising Hope and The Mindy Project. Clever writing and great delivery by the actors.

I am also fortunate enough to have a friend who runs a few Redbox rental booths and another who is a member of the Academy, so I get lots of movies...almost too many to be honest given the time allotted for actual viewing.
    We tend to pick and choose on the movies and not just watch any old thing, but that still doesn't mean we only watch winners.

One of my favorites of recent was The Hobbit, but that's a gimme...

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

My hubby & the boys love sitting around watching Wipeout & other guy humor-we're the Kool-Aid house & always have a couple extra besides our own hanging around
    Me-I'm an ID addict-LOL,but I like my math puzzles & logic puzzles
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Guru

Status

I like ID too! Some of my regular shows are NCIS (and didn't Mark Harmon improve with age?), NCIS LA, Castle and more. I love old black and whites with Humphrey Bogart (and The African Queen, he and Katharine Hepburn were just beautiful together), The Thin Man movies, old horror movies like the original Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman. Anything with Boris Karloff, I've never ever heard a slight lisp to be so terrifying! I'll stop now or I'll end up writing a novella!
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Creature Feature on WGN (Chicago) when I was young used to play all the old horror movie on the weekends-had really creepy music too.My 1st movie was The Werewolf Of London-a friend Lori,popcorn & Pepsi.

Novice

Status

I do very much appreciate old Hollywood movies. We can really get into old musicals and especially have a penchant for old comedies with Bob Hope or Jerry Lewis.

My son is a little too much to handle at the moment for us to enjoy and out and about things so that's mainly why we bunker down and do a bit of the TV shenanigans. This is of course comes after iPad and other therapy time.
    And I have my fair share of Peppa Pig, Pocoyo, Timmy Time and a few other children's shows.
    I actually don't mind those and they are fun to watch with a kiddo who acts out some of the scenes.