Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator

Status

will soon be generally easy, the smell of cigarettes will be nasty

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

YAY-made it 2 weeks !!! Everyone should take stock in LifeSavers-i am keeping them in business-LOL
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Administrator

Status

Now I try to lose weight. I lost only 15 pounds this month. (today weight 184 pounds) It's not enough, im still 2 fat my cheeks look like they are made of silicone A month eating only vegetables and oatmeal. I'm tired of all this. Well, today allowed himself to drink a some Ballantine's. On an empty stomach .... looks like tomorrow will be a strong hangover. Cheers...

Apprentice

Status

Congrats on the quitting smoking! If anything, that was SO much better than the weight. My husband quit 3 days before our wedding and gained 25 pounds on our honeymoon! (We were gone for 2 two weeks!)...can't talk about the weight thing- after I had my thyroid removed, they can't get my levels controlled due to another med I am taking I used to be SO skinny!

My Uncle David had a bilateral lung transplant due to smoking- I went with him and my aunt to Pittsburgh. Gone for 3 months. That was 4 years ago this past fall. He just turned 59. (I am 47- he is my Godfather) So, if ANYTHING- I try to get people to quit (plus being a nurse too) and I will not enter any sweeps by cig companies - I feel it just promotes it.
    You can shake the sand from your shoes but it will never leave your soul. ~Anonymous

Status

Congrads on quitting smoking ~ I have not had a cigarette in about 25 years ~ Lots of tootsie pops worked for me ~ It was more of the idea that you had to have something in your mouth all the time ~ that is why so many people eat more ~ but a tootsie pop you put in your mouth and take out just like you would a cigarette so it tricks your body into thinking that is what it is getting ~ weird analogy but it works

Hope you survive the hang over I had a couple of beers after not drinking for quite a few months and they hit me hard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123