Close

Learner

Status
    Default dawn2951 loves her cat Pasera

Pasera is my baby. She's my beautiful 17 year old Siamese cat who has changed my daily routine to fit hers. Of course she has a set of lungs on her that I'm sure the neighbors can hear at 3:30am so of course I have to get up and feed her at 3:30am and then again at 5:30am and on and on. However, I don't mind because after all she is 17!!!!!!!

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

No cats here-just a spoiled dog -LOL
    Welcome aboard-hope you make us a daily stop !
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Guru

Status

Two cats, 10-year-old Fat Boy and 6-year-old Jill. Both are rescues and both spoiled rotten. They're both "fixed" and micro-chipped. Although they're strictly indoor cats, if something should happen and they got out, I want a rescue to be able to scan them and call me.

I, too, have had Siamese cats. Both were strays and the first one was "nine months" pregnant. Both got spayed but with Cocoa, the second one, she came into heat right after I found her and drove me crazy until I got her into the vet! A Siamese in heat is most irritating cat ever!

I've never purchased a pet except for the adoption cost from the Humane Society or other rescue. If anyone lives in the Columbus, OH area, there is a cat rescue called Cat Welfare that takes in hundreds of cats. They have any type, color or breed that you can imagine and the adoption fee is $80 and covers vaccinations, de-worming, feline leukemia testing, FIV testing (of adult cats), microchipping, and spaying/neutering. The $80 fee is less than the cost of just having a cat spayed or neutered at your vet! That's were we got Jill. Fat Boy came from the Gahanna Animal Hospital. They do "fixing" for rescues and also showcase adoptable cats in their waiting room in huge cat playpens. We no longer live in the Columbus area, but we have other rescues nearby.
    Life, when I asked if this day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, NOT a challenge!