Close

Jorneyman

Status

Default The dot explained….

FINALLY, SOMEONE HAS CLEARED THIS UP! For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most of us have naively thought this was connected with tradition or religion, but the Indian embassy in Ottawa has recently revealed the true story.

When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop, a taxi cab, or a motel in Canada.

If nothing is there, he must remain in India to answer telephones and provide us with internet technical advice.

Administrator

Status

Used this joke in the newsletter yesterday and received a lot of negative responses:

Mark: 'Do you really have to include offensive racist "humor" like this in your newsletter?'

Aaron: 'I have been a subscriber for a while now, mostly because of the daily jokes. The joke today was so extremely racist that I am unsubscribing. I thought it would be worth it to someone to know why. We live in the 21st century. Let's get past this type of thing.'

Adam 'Wow. Angling for the racist jokes in your e-newsletters now, I see. Can't wait for the funny KKK and concentration camp jokes to follow. Shameful.'

Brooke 'that joke is horrible and slightly offensive'

Joseph 'Just to let you know.., your "Smile of the Day" is VERY, VERY Offensive to all Indian People and Hindus. The world is MUCH TOO SMALL for racist Jokes! I do hope to see a Formal apology from you soon! (Oh, I am NOT a Hindu or of Indian decent however I simply was lucky enough to travel the world and NOT have parents who would tolerate such Filth coming from my mouth!)'

Katie 'That joke is offensive.'

I want to answer, my position:

Any joke offends someone, blondes, drunk people, men or women, faith, children, green peace if the joke about animals and etc. It all depends on your perception. For example, Im a Russian and when I read any joke about my nation (vodka, bears, communism - you know) I just smile. Very hard to choose a joke that would not hurt anyone.

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Reminds me of when hubby & I went to see Lisa Lampenelli (a kinda raunchy comedian in case you don't know her) & ppl walked out & some were saying they were offended.Really?!? You go to a comedy show & claim to be offended.I dunno-I just appreciate humor...no offense taken.
    (Hey Serg-I'm 3/4 Cherokee Indian,German & Irish...)
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Learner

Status

it seems more and more in this wiorld people just want to complain that this is racist or that is racist when it is all just a joke, for christ sakes just don't read it id you find it offensive. Obviously these complainers haven't used a tech support call lately LMAO