Close

Thread: Catholic Dog

Jorneyman

Status

Default Catholic Dog

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, 'Father, my dog is dead. Could ya' be sayin’ a mass for the poor creature?'

Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not. We cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no telling' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.'

Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'

Father Patrick exclaimed, 'Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya’ tell me the dog was Catholic?

Administrator

Status

Received a response to this joke from our reader - Gail Beddow:

'I rarely find the "Smile of the day" funny, but that one about the priest and the bereaved dog-owner was just plain nasty.

(not to mention inaccurate -- a priest would have been happy to say a Mass thanking God for the animal's presence in its owner's life)

I'm not seeing anti-black or anti-gay jokes in that spot, so you do have some standards. Maybe add "anti-Catholic" to that list ...'

Learner

Status

Always love Smile of the Day nothing like a daily chuckle if people do not like the jokes my suggestion do not view them it clearly is not for your sensibilities as for the catholic joke hilarious loved it and I know from being a one time reformed Catholic it is so true!!!! LOL LOL LOL