Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayer requests

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

I just found out my younger brother passed away.He had a heart attack outside & was found by a passerby (he lived with my Mom-her house has a mother-in-law apartment) My Mom feels guilty for some reason.But now she's talking about moving to a retirement place or something.(her best friend passed away last week on top of this) We used to help my Mom out when we lived in IL,& when we moved back here,my bro took over-moved into apt after a break-up.
    I'm still in shock...would've been 48 in July
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Apprentice

Status

Deb sending prayers and love to your family with your brother's passing. So sorry for your loss- I can't imagine! He is only a year older than I am. You know, as a nurse, there was nothing your mom could have 'done' (trying to teach my family members CPR was like teaching my cats to fetch- only one out of 11 can 'sort of' do it...only my girls can do CPR)

Shocking it must be...for you and your family.
    Last edited by NancyBJ; 05-08-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    You can shake the sand from your shoes but it will never leave your soul. ~Anonymous

Status

So sorry Deb and he was so young ~ hope your mom realizes that there was nothing she could do ~ My prayers are with you and your family

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Sorry I didn't thank you guys sooner,but I really appreciate the prayers.
    NOW my Uncle Mike just passed away this AM...1 of my Mom's 5 bros...can my Mom have any more heartache...please pray for her...I will be there on the 28th for the weekend...my uncles were more like bros than uncles...WOW...just when I thought I was all cried out over my bro...
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Status

Please Keep my daughter, Rissa and her children in your prayers. Things she has to deal with now is horrible since her older twin infant daughter, Sabrina, Passed away. The only good thing is she will not go back with her now ex-boyfriend but circumstances have created this mess. She is currently with her father (whom she doesn't like) but because of circumstances she created here at home, she can't be here.

Status
    Default Prayers for Don and Tami

Please keep Don in your prayers. This Squamous Cell Carcinoma (cancer) is running him down. Special Prayers on 7 November 2023 when he has the surgery to remove most of his lower lip and have to cut into his neck to remove 3 lymph nodes. I asked to get off work at 3 or 4 am that day so I can get a little sleep and make sure he takes everything he needs. He will have to stay overnite. I hate driving in Madison and hate parking garages even more.

Also prayers for his cousin Tami (also my friend and former room mate). She is not going to win this round of cancer. She is now on oxygen, very week, and nothing left of her except skin and bones.

*****Tami lost her battle to cancer and her funeral was the day before thanksgiving
    Last edited by Raeja; 03-28-2024 at 01:30 AM.

Status
    Default Pray for Bigsy's Family through this tough period of grieving

A long time friend of mine, and even longer friendship with Don, was found dead in his bed 2 days ago. Now another long time friend of mine, and even longer for Don is in jail on a Parole hold and his mother's house was searched and she had to go down to the police station. He was the last one seen on camera, leaving Bigsy's apartment building. Don is holding his own and I just regret not making the baked mac & cheese he wanted when he asked. I told him in a couple days, Unfortunatly, a couples days was when they found him. We still have his wooden wire spool and I keep imaging all the good times we had and where he always stood. He died just before Easter Sunday, whicjh is When Padre was found dead a few years ago (yes, I already bought Smirnoff Vodka Jiggers for Easter sunday and the actual day he died). This is going to be a long road for everyone. Currently Wally, his 14 oe 15 year old dog is with his nephew, for now. I would take Wally in a heart beat. My cat is familiar with him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123