Close

Learner

Status
    Default Freebies and Giveaways Tips

If you are new to freebies and giveaways I have few tips for you that will make your life much easier while applying for them.

1. Create a new email address.
    I recommend you to don't use your email address because the companies who offers freebies will sent you a lot of follow-up emails (many of those will be SPAM, others often contain other freebie or discount offers) and your private emaill address will be overflow.
    In few minutes you can make a new FREE email address on Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail to use it exclusively for freebie offers.
    You will have to check it every once in awhile as some emails will include other good freebie offers.

2. Realistic Expectations
    Sometimes the freebies offered do not arrive. There are many reasons such as the company not having a large enough supply of the freebie offered. It can also be that a spammer has set up a site to gather email addresses (another important reason to set of a dedicated freebie email account) and never intended to send out the freebie in the first place. Be aware that cases like this do happen and it is a part of getting freebies on the Internet.

3. Form Filling
    You will see that filling out the required information for all the freebie offers you want will be time consuming. If you want to make your life easier you can get a form filling software. One of the more popular free form fillers is Robo Form, I use it and I also recommend it.

4. Giving Personal Informations
    It is necessary to enter your real address when you sign up for a freebie because the freebie will be delivered to your house.
    Rarely is there a valid reason for a freebie offer to require a phone number. If a freebie offer requires a phone number, consider long and hard before giving that information to them.
    Don't enter your credit card number unless it is for a free trial of a service that you are 100% sure is legitimate, never give out your credit card number for a freebie offer.
    When a freebie offer starts asking for sensitive information like your social security number or a bank account number leave that freebie site right away.

I hope those tips will help you.

Mega-Super Moderator

Status

Thanx-some good advice for newbies
    "We make a living by what we get,but we make a life by what we give"-W Churchill

Learner

Status

Thank you!!!