While her husband was busy at work one day, a bored housewife took a lover into her bedroom for some illicit fun, completely unaware that her nine year old son was silently hiding in the closet. And when her husband came home unexpectedly, she desperately hid her forbidden lover in the very same closet. The boy now had company, and broke the ice by whispering into the man’s ear:

“Dark in here, isn’t it, sir.”
Man: “Yes it is.”
Boy: “I have a baseball.”
Man: “That’s nice.”

Boy: “Want to buy it?”
Man: “No, thanks.”
Boy: “My dad’s right outside.”
Man: “OK, how much?”
Boy: “250 dollars.”

After a few weeks, it happened again – the boy’s father came home early, and the boy and the mom’s lover ended up in the closet together.

Boy: “Dark in here.”
Man: “Yes, it is.”
Boy: “I have a baseball glove.”
Man: “That’s nice.”
Boy: “Want to buy it?”
Man: “I really don’t.”
Boy: “I’ll tell.”
Man: “How much?”
Boy: “750 dollars.”
Man: “Fine.”

A few days later, the father said to his boy, “Grab your glove. Let’s go outside and toss the baseball!” The boy said, “I can’t. I sold them.” The father asked, “How much did you sell them for?” The son said, “1,000 dollars.” The father said, “That’s terrible to over-charge your friends like that. That is way more than those two things cost. I’m going to take you to church and make you confess.”

They went to church and the father alerted the priest, and made the little boy sit in the confession booth and closed the door.
The boy said, “Dark in here.”

The priest said, “Oh, don’t start that again!”